Swollen ankles

kyzze
on 6/25/16 9:58 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Hey everyone, I am 6 moths post op and have lost 80 pounds but Lately I have been having a problem with my ankles swelling. Today it was bad, my ankles were huge! I went home and elevated my feet for a while and that helped a lot. I have a job were I am on my feet most of my shift but I never had this problem when I was heavy. I am not sure if it has anything to do with my WLS surgery but I never had any problems with this before. I am going to call my surgeon and PCP on Monday but I was just wondering if any of you have had this problem and if you had any advice on how to handle it. 

Kyzze

happyteacher
on 6/25/16 10:28 pm

I can occasionally retain water, but I don't think to the level you are describing. I notice when I drink a lot of Starbucks it happens- something about seems to make my kidneys not play nice. Alternatively, keep a close eye on your salt intake. That makes a big difference- too much salt leads to retention. Prop your feel up to help, and if it gets bad you can purchase compression socks to help. I do think it is worthy of you checking in with your doc.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

kyzze
on 6/25/16 10:47 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Thanks for the info. I probably do need to watch my salt intake, I will start keeping a closer eye on that.

Kyzze

Donna L.
on 6/26/16 2:11 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Whenever my carbs go over 60-70 I start to retain water like mad.  It's very unpleasant.  Definitely talk to the doctor, too.  It's super frustrating for me.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

kyzze
on 6/26/16 8:35 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

I didn't think about my carb intake. I did eat a little more carbs then usual that day. I will monitor that. Thanks.

Kyzze

Most Active