2 days post-op

SoCalDee
on 6/27/16 5:50 am
VSG on 06/24/16

Morning!

So I am 2 full days post-op and am feeling pretty good.

Pain is minimal, shoulders hurt the most.

I haven't had any problems getting my water in, I can do 8oz in an hour and 72oz a day hasn't been an issue. I even was able to get in 8oz of a protein shake yesterday - not all at one time of course.

No nausea either.

I wasn't expecting to weigh more coming out of surgery! ?When I got home the hospital I did step on the scale to check and I weighed almost 10 pounds more than before surgery!!! Of all the rudeness. I know it had to do with the gas they pump into  your stomach during surgery but geesh!!!

5'0 Heaviest 247.4 Surgery Weight 236.0  Goal 140

*Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable*

Dee R.
on 6/27/16 7:00 am - CA

Glad to hear you're doing so well!!  Welcome to the other side!! 

Kelly L.
on 6/27/16 9:50 am

Congrats on being sleeved, and welcome to the losers bench! 

Secrets224
on 6/27/16 10:33 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Congratulations and so glad to hear you are doing so well! I laughed when you said "of all the rudeness". Yes! That gas has some nerve making your weight go up! :) 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/27/16 12:11 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Good for you for getting in your water   At this stage, it's more important to stay hydrated than anything else, even protein.

Some people use the Gas X strips, but I didn't find them effective.  Walking short distances helped to get the gas out of my system.

Don't worry about the temporary weight gain.  They put fluids in your IV and some people will retain water for a short period of time.  You'll see those numbers drop eventually.  

I didn't have any problems post surgery either.  I didn't take any pain meds once I came home from the hospital.  I was tired, but that was about the extent of it.  Good luck on your journey!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Sammy2929
on 6/27/16 1:28 pm
VSG on 05/02/16

funny story....I was getting in all my water and protein for the first week without any problems.

I went for my 1 week post op check and he was shocked to hear I could do it because I told him I was getting in 90g protein and 72 water.  He asked if I had any nausea and I said No.  He asked if I had taken any of the anti-nausea meds I had filled before surgery.  I said yes, the directions said to take every 6 hrs. after surgery.  The look on his face was priceless.  He didn't believe my prescription said that and I happened to have a pic of the bottle I took on my phone and his office called it in with the wrong directions.  It was a take as needed for nausea, lol.

No wonder nothing was bothering me.  I said maybe they should change the policy and have everyone take them every 6 hrs. for the first week so they could get their protein and water in.

Needless to say, once I stopped that I had a significant reduction in fluids and had to build back up to them.

Lynn D

Age:52, Height 5'4", HW 299, SW 282.6, Current weight as of 02/22/17 159 lbs.

M1 30, M2 25, M3 30,  M4-9 M5 ? M-6,7,8 25lbs, M 9 1/2 ?

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/16 8:23 pm

I'm so happy to hear u are doing well! I didn't know about the weight gain. I would have panicked a little so thank u for the info. Keep us updated!

Most Active