Wife's VSG and My 2 Week Pre-Op Diet with Her

Keith L.
on 7/9/16 10:02 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

My wife is home from the hospital and doing well. Complaining about pain, but she has a low tolerance for it. To be supportive I did her two-week pre-op diet with her. The first week was 1 protein shake, two lean meals with veggies and clear liquids. Week 2 was all liquids as I am sure most of you are aware. Three protein shakes, some broth and clear liquids. I followed it right along with her. I did not lose any significant weight so if any of you are considering it as a jump start, I would not make any wagers on it. What did I get out of it then? First and most importantly I supported my wife through what I feel is one of the most difficult parts of the VSG journey. What else did I get? I feel great. My skin is very soft and healthy looking (to be fair I was also supplementing with some coconut oil during this time to keep my calorie count a bit higher). I have a renewed restriction. My restriction has alway ben pretty good, even almost 4 years later. But now after the two weeks of restricted eating I cannot even eat half of what I was eating before. This is good. This process has also re-ignited my drive to eat on my original plan, to exercise, and to reach my original goal. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

jesuiscrystal
on 7/9/16 8:31 pm - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

Aw...that is so sweet that you did the pre-op with her.

mylastchance
on 7/9/16 10:17 pm

Funny how we find the restriction is still there.  I purged out all the crap I had let in and really watched what and when I was eating and found when following my original plan that yes...I still have lots of restriction.  Carbs and crap foods just slip right in and don't give the feeling of fullness,  but going back to protein first and the right stuff I am good.

Glad the wife is doing okay,  I didn't have much pain either,  but I too have a very high tolerance for pain.  It was quite the breeze for me.  Good luck to your wife on her journey and hope she is feeling good soon.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

happyteacher
on 7/10/16 6:40 pm

Awesome of you to support her. I agree- that was a tough part, along with the first two weeks post op. You can absorb calories through your skin??

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Keith L.
on 7/11/16 11:31 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

No the coconut oil was in my coffee but eating coconut oil is great for your skin.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

happyteacher
on 7/11/16 1:54 pm

Lol, that makes more sense. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views