My hair is falling ... Suggestions on what to do???

Doriam R.
on 10/19/17 7:05 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

I will appreciate it!!! I dont have a lot to begin with... :(

Gwen M.
on 10/19/17 7:07 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Totally normal. Google telogen effluvium. It'll grow back - just make sure you're getting your protein in every day.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

sexyjojo56
on 10/19/17 7:40 pm

GREAT JOB ON GOAL.. My hair is way thinner but after the 1st year I strated taking Biotin and not washing my hair as much and using shampoo with biotin it helped and also the amt of protein will make it fall out get your protein in some me how. It is horrifying to see your hair come out, Some people loose more than others. I'm 61 and was going through menopause which makes hair loss too. I was lucky my daughter does hair, she has seen some people with gastric bypass loose all their hair, she was so helpful she knew how to layer my hair and put thickening tecniques. she wanted to cut it off short I never let her. it has stopped coming out now so I'm ok. I hope you will get new hair growth as time goes by. good luck..

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/17 8:28 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

I'm 6.5 months out and mine is still coming out in alarming amounts daily. I also did not have much to begin with. There's nothing we can do aside from wait it out unfortunately. I use mousse and dry shampoo to feel hairier.

Mirandia
on 10/19/17 10:39 pm
VSG on 03/14/17

Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot that can be done since it is a natural process. The only thing I can say is to wash and bru**** less often. It doesn't really matter what vitamins you take or even if you get enough protein (you do that for your organs and your muscles) Your hair has a cycle of growth and non growth ... the surgery just sets your hair to the non growth time all at once when it is more prone to falling out. On the bright side the growth phase of hair lasts 2-8 years ... so in a few months your hair will grow nicely for a long time. (I know it doesn't help that much NOW, but I try to stay positive)

If you fall down you just have to get back up.

Valerie G.
on 10/20/17 9:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Time for a makeover!

Shorter cut, add layers (to blend in new growth coming soon), add some highlights to boost volume and because you deserve it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active