Whatcha Eating Today VSGers - Sunday, July 23

mmsmom
on 7/22/18 4:00 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning all - it's a rainy day here in the northeast. Yesterday we tried to go to get "beach pizza" and there was a sand sculpting exhibit - traffic was backed up for miles - so we aborted that plan and went to an old favorite that now has outdoor seating - and we were able to bring the pup! So fun! I ended up with a petit filet (much better choice than pizza) and it was loads of fun.

QOTD: What's the best advice you've ever received?

B: egg, bacon toast

L: turkey breast and cheese

D: salad with terriyaki steak tips (roasted peppers, red onions, bacon bits, goat cheese, cucumbers, celery and tomatoes in salad) with balsamic dressing. I have stolen this recipe from a restaurant and it's a big hit, lol

VSG on 04/28/2014

mmsmom
on 7/22/18 4:03 am - Woburn, MA

QOTD: 29 years ago I started working for the senior partner of a mid-size law firm in downtown Boston. On the first day, he said to me, "99% of mistakes can be fix. Don't ever be afraid to tell me if you've made a mistake."

I thought right there and then that this was a man I wanted to work for - and stayed with that firm for 14 years. He was a wonderful person and a pleasure to work with. The one mistake I remember making was right before vacation I mixed up addresses on two fedex packages. So, I told him - and he said, "If that's the worst thing you've done, I'm ok with it." He was a doll.

VSG on 04/28/2014

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/18 4:23 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! I am freezing and tired and ready to go home, shower and crash in bed with a sleeping pill. I forgot my jacket so it's my own fault I am freezing.

Breakfast - 2 egg omelette with bacon and Gouda cheese

Lunch- Salad with tuna and ranch

Dinner - Bbq pork loin sandwich

Snacks - Granny Smith Apple, Sargento balanced breaks, pork rinds

totals 1223, 70 carbs, 103g protein

Teresa G.
on 7/22/18 8:27 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I am freezing constantly since surgery! My friend/colleague (and a 7 year WLS patient) warned me about that and I scoffed because I was so hot-blooded and always overheated.

Notsomuch now. She was absolutely right.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

MissCheri18
on 7/22/18 6:04 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All

For those who saw my post yesterday about my granddaughters friend, who I suppose I should refer to as a young lady since she is 17 but to me they are still little girls, update about her horrific accident, they took her into surgery as soon as they could and have her stable for now, she has a fractured spine and head injury - still waiting for any more updates and doing a LOT of praying!

QOTD: What's the best advice you've ever received? If you fall, look under the couch (or whatever) you'll be surprised at what you might find, then stand up, dust yourself off and move forward.

Water, water, water!

M1: Overnight Chocolate Protein Oats

M2: Egg, sausage link

M3: Pork cube Steak, not sure if I'll have anything on it or with it

M4: String Cheese* - Sargento Low Fat Mozzarella

M5: Mini Lean Ground Beef patty w/light mayo and green salsa

M6: Unsweetened Applesauce (for Meds.)

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/22/18 6:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Must have been the Revere Sand Sculpting that interfered with your beach pizza? Our friend who is an advanced amateur sculptor keeps us appraised of all the events. Congratulations on getting a new refrigerator finally!

QOTD: I don't remember much, but one piece of advice I received and have passed to DD is to dress as if you are already in the position you aspire to at work. In other words, don't wear jeans even if everyone at your level is wearing them if the next level up is in business casual. At the time I received that advice it meant that I should start wearing suits, which I did. And I did get to that level in a relatively short period of time.

2 Years, 3.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Leftover short rib, I think...

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teresa G.
on 7/22/18 8:15 am, edited 7/22/18 1:16 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Now that many of my really nice clothes are fitting I am definitely following this advice, Liz!

As many fat and formerly fat people can relate to, business clothes for the morbidly obese just aren't that great. And I always went for what fit and was as comfortable as possible for a morbidly obese woman rather than what looked the most professional and stylish (and was still within my budget).

*edited to correct a really badly structured sentence*

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Jess Says Yes
on 7/22/18 7:53 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning everyone. We stayed up late playing poker with the family (We left at 2am, but apparently the game didn't finish until 5am! I told you guys my fam is serious about poker lol!). I'm going to go help my mom sort tax documents which is about all the excitement I'm looking for in a Sunday.

QOTD: It's hard to say off the top of my head but what comes to mind is "don't worry about everything you have to do. Focus on the next step and take it one step at a time". When I was a new mom and starting back to college I was incredibly overwhelmed. In order to become a therapist, I had to acquire two degrees, a license, supervision, continuing ed credits, another license, etc. I was looking at my baby wondering how I would be able to work, take care of him and our household, and do all of that. My mom told me not to worry about the big picture and instead to just do it all in baby steps focusing on what I could do right then. That helped me and I continue to take on challenges this way. One step at a time. I say that about eating healthy now. "I don't have to worry about eating healthy forever, I just have to do it right now". Forever is daunting, so I'll do it one meal at a time instead.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Jess Says Yes
on 7/22/18 7:54 am
VSG on 10/24/17

B - Coffee & protein

L - yogurt & almonds

D - chicken tacos

E - yoga I think :)

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/22/18 7:57 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

I love that!! Your mom is a smart lady. I need to remember this and tell myself that daily

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Most Active