Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, November 1, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/1/18 6:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

This is a busy week returning from one trip and getting ready to leave for Florida on Sunday. I am also trying to spend quality time with Chiquita. She is still eating but everything else is a struggle for her. We've been letting her have meat that she loves but trying to make sure she doesn't end up with an upset stomach. Keeping her bed clean and dry is almost impossible, but she hates when it isn't clean.

QOTD: Share one thing you love to do that you get to do nearly every day. At first I was going to say drinking coffee, which is definitely a love of mine, but the thing I love the most is sitting with Justice. He is such a love!

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese

L: Deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: leftover cheeseburger

S: yogurt

Chiquita yesterday in her clean bed. She is still so cute:

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 11/1/18 6:20 am - Woburn, MA

OMG, that face is precious. Sweet girl.

QOTD: The fact that my son lives in my lower level and my daughter lives .7 miles from us and leaves her dog at our house while they work means that I get to see both of my kids almost every day - even if it is for 5 minutes. That makes me very, very happy. Also, I love to sleep spooning with my pup and get to do that almost every night - unless he is hot or moves over to my husband, lol.

B: steel cut oats

L: caf today so maybe a 1/2 turkey wrap or salad, unless there is a good soup

D: steak with butternut squash, pea pods

E: walk, unless heavy rains come in - it's still pretty dark here and I think it's supposed to pour tomorrow again!

VSG on 04/28/2014

facetedginger
on 11/1/18 6:24 am, edited 10/31/18 11:29 pm

She's such a pretty girl!!

My dogs are such blanket snobs. Anytime a fresh one comes from the dryer they claim it and run to snuggle.

B: Pao de queijo and coffee

L: Wendys Chili

Dinner: Pork loin and salad

S: Shake

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/18 6:38 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning everyone! It's going to be a beautiful day and I am pretty pleased with last night! I hadn't been sure about giving out candy since I wasn't feeling good, but decided to go ahead and keep the lights on. Got lots of little trick-or-treaters and a few big ones, but at least they were costumed! By the time I got ready to close up for the night I had quite a bit left, so rather than keep it, I split it between my last three treaters and you should have seen their little faces as I dumped all that candy in there. This way, they get a good bit of candy extra, and I don't have any in the house.

Accountability - I had a lifesavers sour gummy and a lollipop

QOTD: Something that I get to do nearly every day that I love - Play video games maybe? It's my biggest hobby. Also painting recently as I have gotten my watercolors back out!

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/18 6:38 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I love that cute little face! What a beautiful, old girl.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/1/18 6:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I took about 50 pictures yesterday because I wanted to get a good one of her face with her ears looking perky (they have been pretty flat most of the time lately, but when she is happy they are always up).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Jacklumber
on 11/1/18 8:15 am
VSG on 10/18/18

2 weeks along. Tuna chased with baby food.

Jacklumber
on 11/1/18 8:17 am
VSG on 10/18/18
  • Dumb question :) I was told to cut out caffine etc

I hear a lot of thinga from ddocs...and different stuff from patients... Confusing...

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/1/18 9:14 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had to cut out caffeine pre-op and for several months post-op (maybe 4 months?). Ask your surgeon when you can have coffee again.

yvonnef1964
on 11/1/18 9:14 am
VSG on 08/11/14

At the beginning you want to cut out caffeine due to not be able to drink much and the acid causing irritation to your small stomach. My doctor allowed 16 oz after 6 months but I drink more coffee than that so I still stick to decaf unless I'm out to eat after 4 years

Most Active