Whatcha Eating, VSGers? 11/7/18

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/18 3:48 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning. I'm back from the gym. Went early today since I couldn't sleep at all, just been tossing and turning in bed after a few hours of sleep, so I went and did legs and quick cardio then came home and fed the kittens before they decided I was breakfast. Today is crown on tooth day, yay! Though the pain has been manageable, thanks Kristi for the clove oil information, it actually did the trick to numb it a bit. Not sure what it is about clove oil, but it helped, though the taste is almost enough to never use it again

Before my tooth I am going to take my friend to do her errands. While I am getting my tooth fixed I might as grandma to get the maintenance done on the car. All she has to do is take it to Toyota and they do all the work. I've been putting it off for a bit, but it needs the winterizing.

QOTD: What is a handmade gift you've received that you have cherished over the years?

This questions is one I don't actually have an answer for. I've never gotten anything actually handmade. However, if it counts, my grandmother had something made for me special when I was 16. It is a gold penguin necklace (bird and penguins are my favorite animals!). I wear it all the time, it's very precious to me.

Menu is light today since I'm not sure how my mouth is going to feel.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/7/18 4:10 am, edited 11/6/18 8:27 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Well Mersh, that necklace was handmade by someone and sounds super special!

Thank you all for your condolences for Chiquita. It was her time and it was peaceful so we are okay. And I am in Florida now with a change of environment which makes it easier. Justice is happy as a clam to be back into the warmth and sunshine. I have a lot of projects but this place is really looking like mine now (we had it painted and some molding done over the winter). DH is still adjusting to the transition which was a little rocky, but he was better yesterday.

QOTD: I have 3 quilts which were handmade by my great-grandmother. I've periodically used them on beds but right now they are on a quilt stand. She made them about 100 years ago for family members. One of them was my mothers and has her name and the year the quilt was made embroidered on it.

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese

L: Hamburger (no bun)

D: leftover low-carb pizza casserole (no crust)

S: hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 11/7/18 4:25 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, VSGers. It's finally sunny and clear here today...it's been so dark and dreary. Working at home which means the end of the week is in the office. I particularly dislike going to the office on Fridays as traffic can be bad, but I have to do a few token Fridays so I don't get anyone worked up (like the boss).

QOTD: My cousins were here for 4th of July and one mentioned the socks that our grandmother knitted - now keep in mind my father passed at 92 over a year ago, so how long ago did his mother knit socks.... and how he loved putting them on and ice skating around on the hardwood floors - well, in my father's drawer, there are 3 pairs of these socks...They have to be at least 50 years old and still in perfect condition. I am going to wrap up a pair and gift them to my cousin at some point. Can you see a 56 year old skating around the house haha.

B: egg and toast

L: idk

D: planning on going to whole foods and getting a nice steak and cooking fresh veg that I've picked up this week - sprouts, asparagus, squash...won't eat it all, but it will be cooked and good at lunch

VSG on 04/28/2014

facetedginger
on 11/7/18 5:37 am

Happy Wednesday all!

Mersh, glad to hear you've gotten some relief and are getting it fixed today.

I FINALLY have my 6 month appointment today (1 month and 3 days late.) I'm anxious and excited and mostly excited to have an excuse to leave work a tad early lol. Eating light this morning to try to keep the scales in my favor at my appointment

B: Bari Cereal with 1/4 C fairlife and coffee

L: (after appointment) cheeseburger, no bun

D: Pork loin, broccoli with cheese sauce

S: maybe some pepitas if I get hungry and probably a shake later tonight to reach my protein goal

Kristi T.
on 11/7/18 10:01 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good luck at your appointment, let us know how it goes!

Kristi T.
on 11/7/18 10:00 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Woke to snow and 29 degrees this morning. I was so wrapped up in the voting results last night I forgot to check the weather forecast. So it was a complete surprise to see we had a storm come through.

The taste of clove oil is really bad, I know Mersh. But the pain relief from it is worth the taste for me:-) Good luck with the crown, hopefully you won't have to use any of the oil afterwards!!! Every time I smell it, it reminds me of what dentist's offices used to smell like back when I was a kid. If you have spiders, it's great diluted in water and sprayed in their favorite corners...keeps them away for awhile, peppermint too!

QOTD-My mother does Huck Embroidery and has made me two beautiful blankets that I cherish. Everyone in the family has one from her. I also have about 5 doilies that my grandmother made me.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-Tuna with mayo and pickles, string cheese

S-Hot tea

D-Leftover ham and Brussel sprouts

E-Time to get out my Yaktrax for my hiking boots and take Emmy for a walk in the snow:-)

Have a good Wednesday!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 50 views