Surgery in 10 days!

Saftie1515
on 11/11/18 3:07 pm
VSG on 11/20/18

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum, but have been reading a lot of encouraging posts on here for the last week while I started the pre-op diet. I was miserable for the first few days, but it really did get better after 4 to 5 days, though the exhaustion is still hard with work, especially since my next day off is the surgery day itself. I had my freak out moment about the surgery, but am now feeling recharged and excited, especially since I've already lost a few pounds on this pre-op diet. I also went through some doubts, like if I can lose weight on this diet, why not just do that, but I have struggled with food my entire life going up and down with my weight, so realistically I know it's just not an option. Can't believe it's in 10 days now! Thanks to everyone who shared their stories and struggles - it's really helped me to understand what to expect and just knowing I'm not alone makes all the difference in the world. Good luck to you all on your own journeys!

Ready2goNOW
on 11/12/18 5:25 am

Good luck on your upcoming surgery. It really does change your life for the better if you do what you are supposed to do.

Its the gift that keeps on giving!

Just last night my 37 year old daughter were talking about how healthy she is. She asked if I ate well when I was pregnant with her which contributed to her good health.

SNORT...SNORT...

I used all 3 of my pregnancies as an excuse to pig out...the eating for two excuse as well as I'm craving...ice cream...chocolate...twizzlers...and chips...ALL AT ONE TIME...lol.

So my response to her was you know damn well I didn't start eating right until 3 years ago when I began preparing for my surgery.

Anyhow, enjoy the journey ahead of you!

Kathy

Kathy S.
on 11/12/18 12:05 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome to OH!!!! Keep us posted on how you are doing and ....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active