Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/14/18 4:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It's hump day for those working! For us it is poolside burger day (LOL). I hope your week is going well. Unbelievable that next week is Thanksgiving! Sadly, we haven't figured out Thanksgiving yet. Most people we know are going home. We could go to the lodge and though DH would enjoy that potentially (music and dancing), I'm just not sure I would. I've always been used to intimate Thanksgivings. We do have friends staying in Fort Myers for the sand sculpting competition so we might do something with them.

QOTD: What's your earliest memory and approximately how old were you? I have a vague recollection of being in a playpen with a friend, but if that is real I would have only been one (it might be a manufactured memory based in my mother's stories). I think the earliest real one that I know comes from my own memory would have been when I was three and found my brother groaning under a tree, having fallen out of it. He ruptured his spleen and my parents had me kiss him goodbye at the hospital. They told me it was because I was leaving with the neighbor but I think I sensed that it meant more than that. I have been afraid of heights since then. My bother did recover btw.

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: ? (Going to a coffee at a friends)

L: tuna salad, pickles, and cottage cheese

D: leftover fish tacos

S: homemade cottage cheese, hummus and nut thins

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 11/14/18 5:34 am - Woburn, MA

Happy Hump Day. I am happy because I am working at home today and tomorrow and then took Friday off - so no commute until Monday. Woo hoo. The wind is howling here today and temperatures are plummeting. Liz, you are lucky you are not here! Oh, and it's supposed to snow on Thursday night into Friday.

QOTD: I remember playing with my next door neighbor (we are still friends) and playing with cap guns - there's parenting for you in the 60s!!! I also remember playing with Barbie's and making my slippers Barbie's car. No Barbie dream car for me, I guess. My daughter hated dolls and Barbie's so I never got to fulfill my dream of buying all those accessories.

B: cheerios

L: going out for Italian. Can't eat much of it but i LOVE Paparazzi spaghetti bolognese. I will order it and eat about 4 strands of spaghetti - and bring the rest home for someone else to eat. There is alot of meat in the sauce so I'll try to focus on that.

D: probably won't be hungry after lunch

E: i will try to walk - probably in a winter parker

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/15/18 4:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You know cap guns for playtime were an awful long way from automatic weapons for real. Maybe it was a good thing we saw them as make believe. I loved dolls too and though older DD loved dolls younger DD could have cared less.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

facetedginger
on 11/14/18 5:42 am

Good morning!

I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week. I'll be working, but have lots of cookies and treats to make to send with mom and DH. I'll probably make some to share with my work Fam although I'll be the only one in my department, so I'll have to make new friends lol.

My plan is to lose 15 pounds by the end of the year, well... technically 12 more. Anyone else have a year end goal?

QOTD: What's your earliest memory and approximately how old were you?

Goodness. I don't really have many early memories. I remember sobbing on the steps to kindergarten at 5 but that was traumatic-- I thought my dad was leaving me for good.

B: Coffee

L: Bari Cereal

D: Pork loin with veggies

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/15/18 4:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Ahhh...I remember the first time I left my own kids at a class without me. That look!

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/18 7:19 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning. I am out with my friend to help her pay her taxes and get her groceries. I did not sleep much, maybe two hours. That doesn't make sense since the day before when I took the new medication it completely zonked me out. So much so that I didn't plan meals in MFP for today other than 2 boiled eggs for breakfast. I will be okay winging it a bit.

I will be off work for awhile to take care of some emotional issues with my depression and ptsd that have flared up pretty bad. Speaking with my nurse manager today.

B- Two boiled eggs

L- I will get a 4 piece chicken nuggets with my friend today.

D- will see if I can talk my grandma into split a rib plate with me. If not, still ribs, just left overs for tomorrow!

S- cheese and sunflower seeds, protein drink and maybe another boiled egg. Calories low today. That's okay for now.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/15/18 4:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Please take care of yourself and feel better Mersh!

yvonnef1964
on 11/14/18 7:40 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Ive been too busy to login in the morning. I had my laser surgery on my left eye on Monday. That went good. At first I thought I would have to call my dad to come get me. My vision was very blurry at first but cleared up but it felt like a lot of goo in my eye for half of the day. Yesterday I did laundry and ran my friend on errands so by the time I got home and put everything away it was time to eat and go to work.

Qotd I think I was 4 years old when I was playing with matches and sparklers and my shorts started on fired and I burned the top of my legs.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and pork and beans

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D cheesy chicken chili

Have a good day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/15/18 4:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Oh boy! Your first memory was traumatic too!

Gwen M.
on 11/14/18 8:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm home from my morning fitness class and errands, so now I need to finish up my GERO work for the week and take my GERO exam. It's the first exam for this class, and I'm always super anxious because you never know what it's going to be like until you open it.

QOTD: No idea.

1: protein shake
2: leftover turkey cheese quesadilla
3: bacon cheeseburger soup

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: pilates mat class

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active