Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, November 16, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/16/18 4:47 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Friday is here! And it is only 52 in Florida this morning. Quite a change from the low 70's we have been having every morning since we arrived here almost two weeks ago. Can you believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away and Black Friday is one week from today?

Thanks for the birthday wishes for DH. I think he had a good day and we celebrated with friends last night.

QOTD: If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? I already have someone do the yard work, so the next hire would be to do housecleaning. But having a personal chef to cook healthy meals would certainly be VERY welcome!

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles, and cottage cheese

D: chicken

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 11/16/18 5:36 am - Woburn, MA

52 sounds good. We are finishing up a real winter storm here - literally about 5 inches of snow. It's crazy. I'm scheduled to have friends for dinner tonight and one is flying in from Raleigh - I hope she makes it!

QOTD: I have a house cleaner and I hope I never have to give that up. It's wonderful. I don't mind laundry, but it might be nice to hire someone to do the yardwork. My son helps alot now. I also like to cook, so I'm good there. House maintenance - staining the decks, heavy yard work - that sounds good.

B: cheerios

L: Leftover pasta bolognese

D: beef tenderloin, baked potatoes, peppers/onions/mushrooms - may try to make homemade rolls. Dessert from my friend's daughter's bakery - always amazing.

VSG on 04/28/2014

facetedginger
on 11/16/18 5:45 am, edited 11/15/18 10:11 pm

Happy Friday!!

It's 33 here today but should be a little warmer tomorrow. The plank flooring is finally being laid in two rooms of our house and I feel like it's taken FOREVER lol. After it's done there, we get to start the process in our dining room. I'm really trying to hold off on the Christmas décor extravaganza until it's done as I don't want to make things difficult... but I have the itch. I need to decorate.

DH and I are having pictures made tomorrow for the first time since we were married. I was well over 400 pounds when we married and I hate looking at the photos, so I'm hoping to have a few we can hang on the wall from this shoot.

QOTD: Definitely a housekeeper. It never ends.

B: Coffee

S: Bari cereal

L: Creamy Veggie Soup

D: Lasagna and salad

Gwen M.
on 11/16/18 7:12 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yay friday. There was ice on my car this morning. Ridiculous. I've got a full day ahead of me. I need to get meals planned for next week and generate the grocery list so Art can go shopping and I need to make more progress on my HMGT assignment. Fun times!

QOTD: I already have a cleaning service and a yard service, and I have no desire to outsource cooking. I would like to outsource meal planning, but the person would have to do it the way I wanted... so that seems implausible.

1: protein shake
2-3: leftovers for both meals, but I have no idea what's actually in the fridge right now. Worst case, scrambled eggs and cheese!

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: MFR class

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/16/18 7:47 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We know what you mean about meal planning. I think that is the most difficult part of cooking.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Gwen M.
on 11/16/18 9:14 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Strangely enough, my mom doesn't mind meal planning at all. For her, it's the grocery shopping part that she can't stand. Whereas I enjoy grocery shopping (just not the time it takes).

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

yvonnef1964
on 11/16/18 9:15 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I've made green bean casserole for my potluck at work today.

Took Misty to the vet this morning and she got a clean bill of health. She's doubled her weight since last month. Next month she will be big enough to get spayed. They weren't too concerned about the suckling she is doing on me. They think it's a soothing thing for her. But if she starts doing it on blankets or stuffed toys then they would be concerned.

Qotd it would be cleaning. The apartments take care the yard work and I liked to cook.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and pork and beans

L I know there will be ham, meatballs and green bean casserole and whatever else. It's a splurge day for me.

D not sure since it's support group tonight.

Have a good day

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/18 10:35 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all. Am on lunch break so checking in with my menu :) super simple today. After this program is done for the day I will have tea with my friend and then probably hit the gym.

B- 2 scrambled eggs with salsa

L- PbnJ with a baby bel

D- Baked chicken with steamed cauliflower

S- protein bar, broad beans

Kristi T.
on 11/16/18 10:45 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! No, I can't believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away! Time is moving way to fast, I need it to slow down:-)

I've been gone from the forum this week. Started my new job on Tuesday and realized by last night that I would not be able to physically do the job. I could barely walk out to my car yesterday after work. I am disappointed, I think I would have really liked it. I need to find something like my summer job where I can sit, stand and move around when necessary. Oh well, it will happen:-)

B-1/3 cup granola, coffee

L-Chicken salad

S-Hot tea

D-Burrito bowl

E-Walk with Emmy if snow and wind stops!

I missed seeing how everyone was, it's good to be back. Have a good Friday!

AnnieG522
on 11/16/18 12:08 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

NC hit the 30's rainy week, but skies cleared and Thanksgiving week is supposed to be good. :) Hopefully it will be nice enough the grandkids can go outside some of the time and run off energy.

QOTD: If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? my husband, at 71, still does our yard work...and I do the cleaning and most of the cooking. I still love cooking even if I can't eat as much, so that works out well. Cleaning -- I have vertigo 24/7 so yeah, if someone elould feel safer! But so far so good, and grateful to be able to do it!

B: Oikos key lime yogurt

S: Coffee with milk & stevia

L: 1/2 ww pita with 1/3 lean hamburger patty, 1 oz gouda, and a tsp of pepper jelly

D; Homemade fried rice with shredded chicken, carrots & mushrooms

S: Probably raspberry yogurt

Planning my Thanksgiving cooking - 45th year. I may turn it over to my youngest daughter next year, and just bring sides....but not quite ready yet. She will do some of it, oldest daughter will bring some things and I'll cook at my daughter's.

I plan to eat about 1 tb of anything I feel like :) but make some healthy changes to all those tradiitonal recipes.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Most Active