Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 12/4/2018

Gwen M.
on 12/4/18 6:06 am, edited 12/4/18 6:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Tuesday, all!

I'm still working on this paper... but I made HUGE progress yesterday so I truly finally feel like I'll fini**** today so I can do the required submission to the effective writing center. Thankfully they claim a 3 day turnaround time, so I shouldn't have a problem getting it back in time for edits prior to the real submission date of Sunday. My day will have a huge interruption in the middle due to my year follow-up with my reconstructive surgeon, so that's exciting. It's hard to believe that it's been a year since my final surgery! The appointment itself should be swift, but I need to allow 1.5 hours of driving time in each direction. Yay for DC traffic, etc.

QOTD: Do you play any video games? What are your favorites at the moment? Phone games, console games, PC games? What consoles do you have? (I'll answer in a comment. And I'll go back and answer yesterday's questions about sound, since I just realized I forgot!)

1: protein shake
2: leftover turkey.. there were, apparently, two Gwen-sized servings left yesterday
3: leftover ground beef and chickpeas. I ended up making this instead of the planned chicken dish yesterday since it was quicker and I needed something quicker.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope. It's a running day, but too busy for it with the appointment timing.

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 12/4/18 6:17 am, edited 12/3/18 10:17 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: So.. this question was inspired by the fact that the guys bought a Nintendo Switch on Black Friday.

I'm a gamer, but I tend to be super picky about games. I like a very specific type of first person shooter where you have a weapon in one hand and some sort of "magic" in the other hand. Games that fall into this category are Bioshock and Singularity. (I can't think of others at the moment.) I tend to get totally sucked into games, so that's why I actively foster my pickiness. :) In the past I've enjoyed The Sims, Civilization, SimCity, Diablo, and Warcraft.

Art and I enjoy playing Samurai and Dynasty Warriors together on the PS4. We got Diablo to play together, but haven't yet.

We've all enjoyed playing Mario Kart a few times on the Switch. We're working on getting better so we can whomp my nephew at our winter vacation.

Lance and I have also enjoyed playing Mario Odyssey on the Switch - I play Mario's hat. (Which sounds super weird if you know nothing about the game.)

I'm good a****ching other people play games - which involves helping them solve puzzles and seeing things on the peripheries that they might miss.

I also play Tiny Tower somewhat obsessively on my iPhone and iPad.... it's a problem. Not even joking.

Oh, so clearly for consoles we've got a PS4 and a Nintendo Switch. We had an Xbox 360, but it's packed for recycling and we haven't found a great need to get the current gen Xbox.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/4/18 6:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I did chuckle when I read one of your earlier posts on always being busy. You definitely always have a lot going on with school and everything else in your life!

QOTD: Nope, no games. I worked in IT most of my career so was pretty attached to the computer for work for long, long days. I always needed a break from it. So though I obviously do a lot of online stuff (especially OH, shopping and email), I don't play any games.

2 Years 8 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: deli chicken

D: shrimp or rotisserie chicken

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

AnnieG522
on 12/4/18 7:07 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Sinusitis and low blood sugar drops (52) so not my best morning. Dr on Wednesday.

QOTD: Do you play any video games? What are your favorites at the moment? Phone games, console games, PC games? What consoles do you have? No. Just No. We have granddaughters who are getting the switch for Christmas and games that 2 can play. My vices are compulsive reading, and netflix. And scrabble

Food:

1. Ham slice and swiss cheese
  2. Chobani yogurt
  3. Not sure - depends on how my blood sugar is going. I need some vegetables

On track with vitamins and water.

Probably a protein shake at some point.

Feeling fat today for no discernable reason. Probably because I feel like crap.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/4/18 7:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I know what you mean about how feeling like crap affects one's whole self-image. I hope you feel better soon!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

msecanales
on 12/4/18 7:56 am

Breakfast- hard boiled egg and tuna

Lunch- We are getting food from a pharmaceutical rep today- On the border. So I will get the chicken fajita meat and some guac and pico de gallo

Dinner- Left over chicken from lunch as they always bring us enough to take home

Snack- beef jerky and cheddar cheese

Age:31| Height 5', 5"| VSG on 10/26/15 | Starting Weight: 277 | Current Weight: 153| WL so far: 124 lb | Goal Weight: 155

Kristi T.
on 12/4/18 10:46 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Good luck with your follow-up apt Gwen, it doesn't seem like a whole year since you had your last surgery!

The phone interview for the job I applied for went well, I will know more by the end of the day. Getting groceries today and taking Emmy for a hike...we have sun!

QOTD-The only game I play is solitaire on my tablet, I like it but boy does it eat up time!

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-Ham salad

S-Hot tea

D-tbd

E-Hike with my dog

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Most Active