on 12/5/18 11:13 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Knitter215
on 12/5/18 7:00 am
VSG on 08/23/16

Are you drinking all your water - at least 64 ounces a day? How many grams of protein a day are you getting? Are you exercising? You can't get to goal on food alone - you have to exercise.

Ditch all the carbs. Up your protein. Eat protein first at every meal. Get in 60-90 grams of protein a day. Don't eat anything that's more than 10 g of sugar - ever. Snack on Greek Yogurt, cheese and nuts if you need to snack.

As to still seeing yourself as fat, you need to get yourself to counseling. That's in your head and that's not going to change unless you address the underlying issues (whatever they may be). If your head isn't in the right place, this isn't going to work.

A revision isn't going to make any of this better until you wrap your head around what you need to do and buckle down. This surgery is not a magic bullet. You have to do the hard work.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I spend years lying to myself about what I was eating and doing and wound up over 300 pounds. I'm now around 150 but I still log almost every bite I eat and I exercise minimum 1 hour a day.

You can do this. Find a counselor you can work with - it sounds like a lot of this is because you don't believe you "deserve" to be thin - You do. You can do this.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Kathy S.
on 12/5/18 9:17 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi wenhen,

You may find you have gotten away from the basic rules that help us get to goal and stay there. Here is a list that helped me...

You may have several starts and stops but don't give up, don't beat yourself up. IT WILL CLICK!!! Our tool works if we work the tool and get back to the basics.

Planning/Preparing

Remember when we were preparing for surgery? How many meetings, classes and such did we attend? We were told the more prepared we were the better our chances were for success. And they were right. Go through the house, car and work place and get rid of trigger foods. Stock up on foods that will keep you on track. I removed every bad carb/sugar temptation and replaced it with lots of protein, veggies, grains and fruits.

Journaling

Get back to journaling. This will help you identify when you feel like eating, stress factors and any triggers in your life. Once you identify these factors, this will help you put tools in place to keep you from eating. It became clear I was not taking time for me anymore. I worked my day job and then spent the rest of my time caring for my husband. It was easy to reach for fast, prepackaged food. Since I purged my home I have to eat clean as there are no other options LOL

Use a tool to track you're eating and exercise like Getting Started with Health Tracker. Once I started to track ever bite and drink it became clear why I had gained.

Goals/Rewards

Make a list of goals for yourself. Make them realistic and small. Some of mine were move more, purge all junk from my home, eat more protein. If you didn't make a Weight Loss Surgery bucket list when you first had surgery do it now. GREAT reminder of all the things you can enjoy in life after losing weight.

Food

In general, a long term post-weight loss surgery eating plan includes foods that are high in protein, and low in fat?, calories, and sugar. Important, vitamins and minerals are provided as supplements. (if you had a different surgery adjust this to your food plan).

Water

Water is our Best Friend. I have to say I never went back to pop or any bad drinks, however I was drinking tea like crazy. What is wrong with drinking tea? I was either using sugar or 3 equals and 3 sweet n lows per 32 ounce glass. I found once I started carrying one of the metal bottles of water to keep it cold I drank water all day.

MOVE!

I can't say enough about how key this was for me. The reason I kept my weight off for almost 10 years was no matter what, I kept moving. If I could not go to the gym I would walk. Grab a cart and walk all the isles at your local box store. I loved Zumba, bootcamp workouts, lifting weights. When I stopped, the weight started coming back. So for me I am starting slow to avoid injury by walking and using some of the workouts on my Demand TV. Find something you love to do and it won't feel like a pain in the *** to do daily.

Support

If it's an option "run" don't walk to a support group. Come here on OH daily for support and participate in one of the food threads. It helps you be accountable and also great ideas for food prep.

Keep me posted on how you are doing.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

jacreasy
on 12/7/18 6:36 am
VSG on 04/23/12

Kathy,

I love when I see you post this & I see it often. It reminds me even though I know what to do. Sometime we all need that push. Im working on that now. But I have decided that Im worth it and to stop letting the old self win. It might be the worst time to get my **** together but hey why not you have to start somewhere and today is better than tomorrow. Have a great Christmas and keep sharing this!!

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Kathy S.
on 12/7/18 8:44 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thank you for saying this... I hate to copy and paste as I want everyone to know I hear them I care and try to help. But.....I honestly find for me if the scale starts moving up it's because I am not doing something that got me to goal and kept me there for over 10 years. YOU GOT THIS! If you ever want to vent or talk I am here for you. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones as well.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kristi T.
on 12/5/18 9:59 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

You got some excellent advice. The only thing I have to add is YOU CAN DO THIS! Please come join us on the menu thread "Watcha Eating VSGers?" There is consistent support, great ideas and accountability. Maybe start taking a walk everyday to help you feel better mentally. You can do this!

GirlSquadOfOne
on 12/5/18 8:42 pm
VSG on 09/11/18

Well when it comes to your diet I can't state anything better than what's already been posted. But I will say this change up your exercise are you doing 30 min to an hour everyday? Find something that you find fun whether it's dancing g, fencing or cycling. Excercise paired with the right foods will help you shed off that extra weight. And remember you're beautiful and you've come a long way. Weightloss isn't easy but you've already lost so much. You can do this!

MarinaGirl
on 12/6/18 1:12 pm

You lose weight in the kitchen not the gym.

jacreasy
on 12/7/18 6:32 am
VSG on 04/23/12

HI, Im almost 7 years post-op

Try and stay positive, I know its hard... Im dealing with a re gain of almost 50 lbs and that has been going on for 3 years. ask your self these questions:

Do you drink lots of water?

Do you get in exercise?

Do you TRACK every bite that you eat? (LOSEIT.COM)

Do you have and get support? (as in attending meetings in your area or local Dr./Hosp)

Are you HONEST with yourself? (you hurt no one but yourself if you try and hide the fact you need help)

You need to go back to basics as when you first had surgery, track your food, dont drink while your eating, eat within 30 min time frame, protein first and only complex carbs.. If your snacking all day you have got to find a way to change that.

Dont be scared to talk to your doctor. That is what they are there for. I can promise you that you are not the only one that may need a little push. There are other options besides a revision to try first such as 3 different medication that I know of and I have tried two of them. One is Contrave the other is Phentermine. The last one is a shot you give yourself each day which my insurance wont cover just yet.

Take lots of pictures!!! They will help I promise even if you dont want to see them. DIG out the old ones I promise you will be able to tell the difference.

You are worth all the effort. I could give good advise all day but yet sometimes I feel the same and need to listen to my own words b/c I know exactly what I need to do but most days cant seem to get my lazt butt moving. Good luck, DONT GIVE UP!

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Most Active