Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Thursday 12/6/18

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/18 8:41 am
VSG on 01/12/17

A not late in the morning, but I will get a thread going. It's a snowy day today and too cold for my liking. Really it will be too cold forever unless I pick up and move on down to Arizona! Meeting a friend later today for tea.

QOTD: What's your best go-to recipe when you need something quick for your family or guests?

Chili is mine!

B- Cottage cheese with half serving raspberries, piece of toad with SF strawberry jam

L- Grilled white fish and steamed broccoli

D- roast beef sandwich. I WILL finish off this roast beef. It cost me enough so I'm determined

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/6/18 9:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good afternoon here!

Today one of the women in my walking group is having an afternoon holiday wine party. I'm bringing more of BIL's cookies to get them out of the house, though they actually haven't been what is calling me the last few days. I'm looking forward to dressing up a bit and eating my lunch/dinner from appetizer selections. I'll try to eat protein forward and though I'll certainly have way more calories than usual I don't like to be uncomfortable at a party so that always holds me in check. I may have a brunch get-together with the same group in the spring once my decorating is essentially done.

QOTD: I always try to keep raw frozen shrimp in the freezer so I can make food for myself or combine it with other ingredients for someone else. I also keep chicken breasts in the freezer and I have a quick marinade I can use prior to grilling or broiling. It is good alone or on a salad.

2 Years 8 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and ham

L: party food

D: party food

S: homemade cottage cheese, rotisserie chicken (if needed after party)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kristi T.
on 12/6/18 10:09 am, edited 12/6/18 2:10 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

It's still morning here!

Woke up to clear skies and 16 degrees, it's supposed to get up into the 30's. No snow in the valley, but the mountains got a bunch so our two ski resorts will open this weekend. They were supposed to open on Thanksgiving. I used to ski back in the 80's, but have zero desire to do it again. Snow shoeing yes, skiing no:-) I am getting new all season tires put on my car today, that's about the only plan I have for now.

QOTD-Like Liz, I keep chicken breasts in the freezer for a quick meal or salad. I always have my uncle's favorite tea on hand for when he drops by for his weekly visit.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-5%Fage with 2tbsp pumpkin puree, sweetener and pecans

S-Hot tea

D-Baked cod, acorn squash

E-Taking Emmy for a short hike

Have a safe and peaceful Thursday!

Edited to add-Mersh, Arizona sounds good to me too!!!

jacreasy
on 12/7/18 6:18 am
VSG on 04/23/12

Good Morning...

Im will be 7 years post-op in April 2019.

Pre Breakfast- Almond Milk Unsweetened, About Time Protein Powder, 10 blueberries

Breakfast- 4 Stuffed Mushrooms, 2 eggs

Snack 1 (If Needed)- 3/4 Cup Raspberries, 2/3 Cup Greek Plain Yogurt

Lunch- Bacon, Onion wrapped Turkey Burger Roll, 2 Brussels Sprouts

Snack 2 (If Needed)- Hummus, 4 Celery Sticks

Dinner- Bacon, Onion wrapped Turkey Burger Roll

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Most Active