Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 12/12/2018

Gwen M.
on 12/12/18 8:22 am, edited 12/12/18 8:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I figured someone else would have started this by now!

I went out to pilates class this morning and that was lovely. I had planned to stay for yoga, since I've got time for that today, but it was cancelled. Bah :P My plans for the rest of the day involve working on my HMGT assignment. And laundry. Always laundry!

QOTD: Tell us about something that's making you feel really good about yourself these days. (I'll reply in a comment.)

1: protein shake
2: probably eggs, since eggs yum!
3: baked italian chicken

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: pilates class

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 12/12/18 8:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: At the end of pilates today, one of my classmates came up to me and said, "You're looking really great!" That made me smile. But then my pilates instructor, in a separate conversation, told me that she can really see how much I've improved since I added my Monday pilates class. I've only done that class 10 times so far, but I've also felt like I'm improving. It was awesome to have confirmation from my instructor so I know I'm not just imagining it. I feel like I'm taking more risks and trying harder versions of the exercises instead of sticking to the easier versions, and I'm actually succeeding at those harder versions! I feel really great about all of that - the improvement and the risk-taking.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Kristi T.
on 12/12/18 10:10 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

You rock Gwen!!!

Kristi T.
on 12/12/18 10:20 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I really want to take a beginning Yoga class in 2019. A new studio called "The Wildflower Society" opened up about 3 miles from me. You have inspired me to give it a try Gwen:-)

Tonight is my Bunko Christmas party. I am bringing homemade sugar cookies with buttercream frosting. Thank goodness I am getting them out of the house in about 6 hours! We do a White Elephant gift exchange after we play Bunko. I haven't won at Bunko in over a year, maybe tonight is the night...$80 dollars is up for grabs!

It is clear, sunny, 39 degrees and extremely windy. I thought I was going to loose power for sure this morning the gusts were so bad.

QOTD-I have to think about this one, may have to edit later.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-Fage yogurt with frozen peaches and pecans

S-Hot tea

D-Try and choose protein forward options at party

E-Hike with Emmy if wind dies down some

Have a good Wednesday!

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/18 10:28 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good afternoon all. Kitties got fixed yesterday and you would never know it. They came home and are as rambunctious as ever if not more so after being cooped up. I was moving yesterday. Dropped cats off, went with my friend Emily to take her for groceries and to go shopping. Then drove 40 minutes across town to get an ekg done, then 40 minutes back to pick kittens up. By then it was traffic hour so an hour trapped. I was tired and today I really don't feel good. My sinuses are bad and I am worn down.

QOTD: That I am getting help and putting in the effort to be safe emotionally.

Meals aren't great since I feel bad today. Just going with easy.

B- Protein shake

L- protein bar

D- rotisserie chicken

S- almonds and mandarin oranges

mmsmom
on 12/12/18 10:29 am - Woburn, MA

Hump day, working at home. It's cold - we've been in a cold wave here. Awake since before 5 and starting to fade.

QOTD: That my kids still want to hang out with me. It means the world to me.

B: cheerios

L: 1/2 steak and cheese sandwich (homemade)

D: chicken with veg

E: walk, walk, walk, lol

VSG on 04/28/2014

NCMTNEER13
on 12/13/18 1:52 pm
VSG on 11/26/18

B: Chocolate Protein Drink

S: Low-fat string cheese

L: Low-fat Tuna Salad & slice of hard salami

S: 2 tbsp. of PB Fit

D: Soft Scrambled Egg (1) with low-fat mozzarella cheese

E: 30 minutes elliptical (slow pace) at the YMCA; 40 minutes walking during lunch

lessopam
on 12/17/18 10:22 am

I am a newbie pre-op, I love love love reading all of y'alls posts,it gives me hope I'm going to be there one day too,I am so done with being trapped in this fat body,question do you throw up with the sleeve? I have a lap band and throw up a lot. I'm so excited to be starting this journey,I love my surgeon, she's caring and competant

Gwen M.
on 12/18/18 7:46 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi and welcome!

When I was pre-op I loved reading the daily eating threads because it let me see what my future life would be like and that I wouldn't be eating boring food for the rest of my life. That was really important to me!

My experience with vomiting - when I was 3 months post-op my throat started doing this clenchy thing that caused me not to vomit but to cough things up. It felt like things were stuck in my throat and I'd have to cough them out. I went to my surgeon and he prescribed an anti-spasmodic and reverted my diet so I had to do 3 days of liquids, 3 days of purees, and 3 days of soft solids before going back to my forever diet. No problems since.

Aside from that, the only time I've thrown up post-op is when I've had kidney stones (something I would get before surgery as well) and that was vomiting from the pain. Totally unrelated to VSG.

That said, so many people in my local WLS support group talk about throwing up and it astonishes me. I made a post about it here. I didn't go through the program they went through so I've got to wonder if the surgeon's technique is just.. weird. It's disturbing!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views