Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday December 17, 2018

Kristi T.
on 12/17/18 11:03 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning everyone! You know it's late when it's me that gets the menu thread started:-) I hope everyone is having a good Monday so far.

I see some blue sky and the sun is starting to come out. We are warmer than normal again today, 40 degrees. I will take it, but the skiers aren't very happy around here!

The concert was beautiful yesterday, the symphony and chorale did an excellent job. My mom fell on the way in, she is okay, but hurt her knee. It could have been worse because I saw her face hit first, my first thought was a concussion. I kept looking at her throughout the whole concert worried she would fall asleep and kept checking on her during the night. She insists she is okay and won't go into her PCP today.

QOTD-I can't think of one right now, maybe someone else had a good one.

B-bullet coffee(MCT oil and cream)

L-Greek yogurt with peaches, pecans and munk fruit sweetener

S-Hot tea

D-Something using chicken and veggies, not sure yet.

E-Hike with Emmy

How is your day going?

mmsmom
on 12/17/18 11:23 am - Woburn, MA

good afternoon! Busy here too - everyone's getting ready to be off next week (all the attorneys in the office are on vacation) - so I expect next week to be a nice, quiet week. I will only work th/fr.

B: cheerios

L: lentil soup

D: leftover shrimp

E: walk

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/17/18 12:27 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We are winding down in Florida before the holiday, but had a great day at the beach and a beachfront restaurant yesterday. Today I did most of the house cleaning and right now they are doing the template for the granite countertops to be installed in early January. Tonight is the decorated golf cart Christmas parade in our park (all decorated with lights). We fly back to Massachusetts on Wednesday morning. I sure hope the flight is on time because I have a hair appointment at 4 and if I miss it I can't get it done until after Christmas and it REALLY needs to be cut and highlighted.

2 Years 8 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: shrimp cake and cole slaw

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/18 7:20 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I am sorry about your mother. I know how frustrating it can be when our loved ones won't go see a doctor when we think they should. Even if she is fine, that worry is maddening! I hope you were able to enjoy the symphony fully despite your worry.

I have been very busy all day. My mother has been in the hospital and coded early this morning. They resuscitated her and she is in the ICU currently and being supported by a ventilator. Our relationship is not a good one. I am holding strong for my grandmother though, who is very upset and has fallen to bits on top of being sick with a sinus infection now as well. Mine has at least cleared up, so I could spend the day doing the things that needed done for her and at the hospital.

B- Eggs with onion in a tortilla

L- Half a turkey and swiss sandwich with cottage cheese

D- Originally planned for a salad, but ended up eating a protein bar

S- An apple, Light and Fit greek yogurt.

Kristi T.
on 12/18/18 10:24 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Thank you Mersh. I am so sorry about your mother and I am so glad you are there for your grandmother. It's got to be hard for her to see her daughter so sick. I had to work really, really hard on forgiveness. It gives us peace. We carry around all this stuff and it only hurts us, not them. Hang in there Mersh.

Gwen M.
on 12/18/18 7:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi Kristi!

I'm so glad the concert was lovely, but ugh about your mom! I'm sorry you have to navigate that! I'd be forcing my mom to go to Urgent Care at the least in that situation because of [reasons I don't want to freak you out about].

Moms. -throws hands up in air- What can you do about them.

Hang in there.

This was yesterday's post.. I went to barre and pilates class. I've wanted to try barre for a while and had no idea what to expect. I'm glad I went, but it did not feel like a workout at all. I'm sure it would have 4-5 years ago, but meh. I wasn't thrilled. Which is good, since I was worried I'd love it and then have to battle with myself about how to fit it into my schedule and budget. Heh.

I spent the rest of the day prepping for vacation. I've got all the recipes entered into my recipe software and I've made up grocery and equipment lists for the trip. The challenge with a new Airbnb is that we have no idea what kitchen equipment there will be. I do know it has TWO refrigerators, which is great news when you're cooking for 6 people for 7 days and the good grocery store is ~30 minutes away!

1: tuna fish
2: sausage and tortellini skillet

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: barre class, intermediate pilates class

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 12/18/18 10:27 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I throw my hands up in the air today:-) She is stubborn and does what she wants when she wants too. Thank goodness her PCP knows this and knows how hard it is to get her to do anything. Thank you Gwen for the kind words!

Most Active