Whatchat Eating Today VSGers, Tuesday, December 18

mmsmom
on 12/18/18 7:01 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. Everyone is evidently busy! Me too. Today is my husband's birthday, so I'm working at home and taking him out to lunch. Also, I have found a new job - yayayyyyyay. 3.5 miles from home. I will drive 235 miles less a week and my commute will go from 45-60 minutes to, at most, 10 minutes. I am so excited.

QOTD: what do YOU want for Christmas?

B: 1/2 english with egg/cooked proscuitto/cheese

L: depends on where we go - i'm thinking a salad with protein

D: probably nothing formal since we're going out to lunch. Doubtful if we'll be hungry again.

E: walk, although the wind is wild here and it's cold!!

VSG on 04/28/2014

mmsmom
on 12/18/18 7:02 am - Woburn, MA

QOTD: There's nothing I really want, so since I am changing jobs, on the week off between jobs, we planned a spontaneous trip to the Cayman Islands. This is my idea of a present!!!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/18/18 7:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We posted at the same time so I just deleted mine!

Good morning! This is our last day in Florida until 1/4. I have a few minor cleaning/packing things to do but maybe going to the pool is a possibility? The golf cart parade was a hoot last night (Picture of one below).

QOTD: At this point I just want to enjoy gathering with family and friends and hopefully having DH do well with it. It may be his last year of understanding it if his current pace of decline into Alzheimer's continues.

2 Years 8 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Shrimp

D: crab cake

S: homemade cottage cheese, maybe some nut thins and hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kristi T.
on 12/18/18 10:11 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Adorable, they went all out!

Gwen M.
on 12/18/18 8:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm busy with all the "life upkeep" stuff I've put off for the last, um, really long time. Yesterday I got my preliminary vacation trip planning done - recipes into my recipe software (Paprika is amazing), grocery list made, and equipment list made. The downside to staying in an Airbnb is that you never know what the kitchen will or won't have. Thankfully this place has TWO fridges, which is useful when the good grocery store is ~30 minutes away and you're cooking for 6 people for 7 days. I only want to have to go to that store once. I think there's a little store closer for any emergencies, but not a place I can rely on. I listened to podcasts while doing that stuff and that was lovely!

Today I've got my "last for now" appointment with the orthodontist and that's super exciting. I've had Invisalign for 28 weeks now and I'll get to find out what the next step is. Possibilities are real braces (which I couldn't do initially because of my nickel allergy and the wires required for the adjustments I needed, but now that my teeth are better there's a non-nickel option for the minor correction that might still be needed), another few months of Invisalign, or being finished with all the correction and on to night retainers for the rest of my life. Very exciting!

QOTD: I'm looking forward to my winter vacation and spending time with my family. I'd like my nephew not to be a jerk. I'd like to have time to read and decompress. I'd like the 2016 presidential election to be declared null and void and a new election to be scheduled.

1: protein shake
2: I don't know, it depends on what's in the fridge. If it's only chicken, I'll just make myself some eggs.
3: butternut squash polenta with crispy sausage and caramelized onions (I'll just have a spoonful or two of the polenta part)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: probably not!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 12/18/18 10:08 am, edited 12/18/18 2:09 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I hope you have an amazing vacation Gwen! I LOVE Airbnb, I used them in Palm Springs last year and it was absolutely perfect. Have fun!

Kristi T.
on 12/18/18 10:08 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Congratulations on your new job Mmmsmom! I can't imagine commuting almost an hour to work, 10 minutes is going to really make a difference! I live about 20 minutes from town, that is enough of a commute for me:-) Enjoy your lunch with your husband.

Emmy and I investigated part of a hiking trail that I want to do next summer. It was eerily quiet and very deep into the forest. I think I will have to purchase bear spray for this one next year for sure! Today I have zero plans. I am still waiting to hear about the job, I've gone through all of there background stuff and tests. He told me to hang tight, will for one more week. I really want this one, the pay is great and it puts me back into a hospital setting for the first time in a long while!

QOTD-We are taking a break from presents this year, but if we were doing it I would like a skin care set from Josie Maran. This year my gift will be spending Christmas eve with my mom, uncle and two friends.

B-1/3 cup granola, coffee

L-Greek yogurt with peaches and pecans

S-Hot tea

D-Pork chops, steamed green beans

E-It's pouring rain and not supposed to stop. May do something indoors?

Have a good Tuesday!

yvonnef1964
on 12/18/18 11:49 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

Im on my second day of my prep for an colonoscopy tomorrow morning. The second day of clear liquids. Today I'm hungry but I'm staying strong until tomorrow. Hopefully I don't binge tomorrow.

Qotd having a good time with my family. Don't really need anything.

premier clear protein drink, jello, broth and repeat.

Have a good day

Most Active