Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/22/19 4:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sorry I have been MIA a lot lately. DH (Alzheimer's) has been sucking my mental energy. But I've been reading and responding to posts as best I can. How are you all doing???

The weather here in Florida has been like a roller coaster - it was 37 in the morning yesterday but today is supposed to reach 75. I'm thinking pool time might be on the agenda.

QOTD: What three things do you think of the most each day? Food (still, though I wi**** wasn't true), my family, and what I have to do to make dinner happen (which is not about food for me but the shopping, organizing and cooking which I don't really enjoy so it is a hurdle).

2 Years 10 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 2 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese (or deli chicken)

D: Instant Pot Mississippi pot roast (trying it for the first time)

S: sweetened cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 1/22/19 5:10 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, Liz. Sorry to hear you are drained. You aren't missing anything here in Mass - it's literally been about 5 degrees. 37 sounds balmy.

QOTD: I am afraid i think about work and what I need to do - and then at home, the same.. I find it hard to sit still and relax. That is why I like camping - I HAVE to relax there. Yesterday instead of relaxing I prepared dinner for tonight and tomorrow night - so maybe I will relax tonight, ha!

B: 1/2 c Kashi with fit and trim yogurt. This new job has free snacks and I have been overindulging. Trying to get on track today.

L: maybe the same... or hit up the caf for soup or a salad with protein

D: taco stuffed peppers - a favorite in my house...can't wait.

E: doubtful - although the dog def needs to walk as he woke up in the night and just sat there staring at me... I think he needs some activity, lol.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/22/19 6:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Taco stuffed peppers? That sounds great. Recipe?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 1/22/19 8:07 am - Woburn, MA

https://tasty.co/recipe/taco-stuffed-peppers

I do not put the black beans (only because I never have them) nor do I add salsa. They are delicious.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/22/19 9:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/3/19 9:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I made this last night! Thank you for the recipe - it was great! I used ground chicken, small white beans instead of corn and riced cauliflower instead of rice. Loved it!

Gwen M.
on 1/22/19 6:18 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Your comment about free snacks reminds me of a bit from a new Scalzi short story I just read.

"Yes, but we give you unlimited snacks."

"Great. We're all stressed and on a sugar high."

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/21/18139239/john-scalzi-robo t-dog-story-video-sci-fi-better-worlds

My partner, Art, deals with this as well and he's a stress eater. He's gained something like 20 pounds since he started his current job last year. He went from working at home all week to working in an office 4 days of the week - having almost complete control over his food environment to having just about zero. It's been rough for him! His office has TWO huge fridges and a kitchen with more cabinet space than my home kitchen and everything is always stocked with crap.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 1/22/19 6:02 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm sorry that DH's Alzheimer's is so challenging. I can't imagine. Ignore the next few sentences if you're just ranting and apologies if I've asked you these things before! Do you utilize any respite services for yourself? Do you have access to a local "families of Alzheimer's" support group? Have you checked out the eldercare locator for resources in your area?

The feels like was negative 4 when I work up yesterday. Brr. The guys both had off. I, of course, did not. But I did have my intermediate pilates mat class AND my first experience with telehealth in the form of an appointment with my psychiatrist. So that was neat. Today all of my pilates muscles hurt. I'm going to be out of the house for some unknown amount of time today because I've got interview 1 of 3 scheduled for my GERO class (I have to interview 3 members of the same family, each from a different generation, and of a different cultural background than my own) and then I hope to go straight to the gym to run if my body is compliant. Before and after that chunk of time is school work!

QOTD: Well, as you can tell from the previous paragraph probably... #1 is school - the amount of work I have this session is staggering). #2 is probably fitness - the fitness stuff I have planned for the day, when I'm going to accompli**** longer term fitness goals like OMG I have a half marathon on March 9th wtf). #3 would be "household," which encompasses a lot of things like my relationships with Art and Lance, dinner, laundry, and similar things. These aren't in any particular order - from day to day the one that occupies most of my brain might shift.

1: protein shake

2: probably a protein bar in the car.. lunch of champions. My interview is scheduled at 11am and I don't know how long it will take. I've had interviews that have taken up to 4 hours for classes. It'll depend on how I click with my subject and how talkative they are. I'm interviewing the mom of one of my best friends, but she's only recently moved to the area so I haven't actually met her yet. Eeek! Since I hope to go to the gym straight after, depending on the time for that I might need to eat before I run, which means protein bar in the car. (The gym is about 45 minutes of driving, in good traffic lolz, from the interview location.)

3: It's a leftover night, so I'm not really sure. I believe my options are pesto chicken thighs and hoisin pork.

liquid and vites: on track

exercise: hopefully a run followed by yoga for stretching!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/22/19 6:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you for asking Gwen. I do work with support organizations on Cape Cod and here in Florida. I haven't had to use respite services yet, but am going to start trying out a day care here periodically.

The mental stuff is around his fairly rapid decline these days which was complicated by trying out Namenda. He had many of the negative side-effects with no true benefit. Though he was more alert on it, his cognition didn't improve. He just became aggressive, restless and wandered at night. He has been titrated back off of it so is back to his previous state (such as it is), but now we have extra locks and alarms on the doors. And we have "as needed" risperidone medication in case of difficult aggression.

yvonnef1964
on 1/22/19 6:02 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning Liz, Sorry you are feeling so drained with husband. I understand I worked in places for them for many years, it was exhausting work. Hopefully you can get some me time at the pool.

Ive been busy with my cat, she hasn't felt good since getting spayed and declawed. Have to give her medicine twice a day. I feel she is finally turning the corner for the better. She's playing more but her appetite is slow. Now I'm worried about my dad. At Christmas he was having pain in his leg and hip area, now he's having a hard time walking and the doctor said his arthritis is worse and wants him to see an orthopedic doctor but can't get in until February 21. I just keep seeing him decline every week when I go visit him. His COPD must be acting up because he wore his oxygen almost the whole time while I was there, which is more than he usually does.

Qotd food especially at night, my cat, and my job.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and canned peaches

D steak and green beans

Have a good day

Most Active