WATCHA EATING TODAY, VSGers? Saturday 26 Jan 2019

AnnieG522
on 1/26/19 5:57 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Good morning! Hoping everyone is warm (or cool) wherever they are at.

QOTD: How much time do you spend doing things that tickle you? (self-care; reading, hiking, friends, whatever)? I'll answer in comments once I figure it out.

B: 1 piece crisp drained bacon, 1/2 piece Mountain grain bread

S: Premier protein shake with coffee

L: Apple chicken salad

S: Chobani yogurt

D: Leftover something or other

VERY cold here in the Carolinas, but sunny. We've had 80% rain on weekends since Labor Day, so a welcome change.

We are dog sitting our neighbors Yorkie (Beasley); our two dogs are fine, but I think he has the idea he's going to be the top dog. We'll see! They are all under 15 lbs, and young. Funny little fellas.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

AnnieG522
on 1/26/19 6:01 am
VSG on 10/05/17

QOTD: How much time do you spend doing things that tickle you? (self-care; reading, hiking, friends, whatever)? At 66, pretty much anyone who could "tell" me what to do has passed. And since I've been retired since 52, no workplace constraints. That said, while there are things I don't enjoy doing (like dusting), I find I enjoy being able to do about anything because post VSG my health is SO much better. Simple things like doing the laundry, walking up the stairs -- were way beyond me! So being able to do daily living things is pretty great. For special treats, since I get lots of time with my BFF and DH, I go up to see my/grandkids. Tea or lunch with friends....pretty simple life :)

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Gwen M.
on 1/26/19 9:06 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi! Nice new avatar pic for you!

We've got a feels like of 24-26 this morning, so it was a cold morning for parkrun. But I did it and my uterus only tried to kill me for .2 miles. Now that I'm back home and warm I'm going to spend the next 4-5 hours working on school before it's time to cook dinner and then go out to see Next to Normal at the local theater. I've only heard one of the songs from the musical, but I love musicals in general. Art's guitar instructor is in the pit so we're going to support him!

QOTD: I can't tell you the last time I heard "tickle" used in this context :) Reading it tickled me! I know that I don't spend enough time with those things, but I also know that I've only got a year left for my BS degree and that life will get better. In the meantime, I pretend that exercise tickles me and I look forward to my fortnightly allergy shot because it's forced reading time.

1: protein shake
2: not entirely sure - a leftover pesto chicken thigh probably, but it depends on what I find left in the fridge!
3: thai curry chicken meatballs

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: parkrun

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 1/26/19 9:43 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! It's a balmy 33 degrees and I can see patches of blue sky. Enjoy your dog sitting Annie! I trade dog sitting duties with a friend that has a little Yorkie(Bitzy). Emmy and Bitzy just tolerate each other and follow each other around, no friendship at all. At my house Emmy is top dog, but when she goes to Bitzy's house she has to take on a more submissive role:-)

Have to do a Walmart run today, I am not a fan of Walmart, but we don't have any other Superstores where you can get everything in one shot. We do have a Target, but the grocery section is lacking!

QOTD-Hiking is the one thing I do that "tickles" me. I am trying to think of something else that might do that and only came up with Home Shopping Networks. I don't shop them, but I do love going between QVC and HSN to see what they have:-) It is kind of my guilty pleasure.

B-1/3 cup granola, coffee

L-Smoothie with greek yogurt, raspberries and protein powder(changing it up a little)

S-Hot tea

D-tbd after Walmart

E-Hiking with Emmy

Have a lovely Saturday!

Most Active