WATCHA EATING TODAY VSGers? 03 Feb 2019 Super Bowl Sunday

AnnieG522
on 2/3/19 10:54 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Late doing on line things today -- church at 8 am, pick up for the bread ministry we do (after church), much needed coffee (not til 10:30!) Happy dogs - we weren't gone long, but in dog-time, it was forever.

Feeling off today -- I've had weird tingly stuff going on that is a bit like my small stroke predecessor; hoping its neuropathy. I was seeing PCP tomorrow anyway, and there's nothing they would do since I'm already on appropriate meds. Just blah....

QOTD: The obvious. Do you care about the outcome of the Superbowl, or do you not have a dog in the fight? I was rooting for the Saints, so I'm jus****ching for the commercials. That said, I prefer the community surrounding the Rams, so it would be cool if they one, They've been so proactive helping folks after mass shootings and fires in CA. (Disclaimer: I actually love football, and also watch golf, even on TV).

B: Premier protein shake

L: Apple walnut chicken salad w a bit of extra for protein

S: Premier protein shake in coffee

D: Okay - a deliberate choice. I'm having some homemade Chex mix (low salt low fat) during the game.

S: Maybe some Chobani yogurt

Schizo weather continues - looking to get up to the 60s today, 70s midweek. And then Saturday, winter again.

Good thing I'm always cold - I don't have to worry about switching out the closet.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

mmsmom
on 2/3/19 11:38 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. Busy day here as well. Got up and went to church because it's my friend's son's anniversary mass. Marinating chicken wings and bought salmon (for the dog). I'm totally stressed out because he has an abrasion on his eye - went to the vet -and today it looks worse. The eye is now cloudy, which is on the list of symptoms, but it wasn't cloudy yesterday. We can go back tomorrow for a recheck or I can go to emergency vet today. I hope i am just being nervous and he will be okay.
QOTD: Pats! Pats! Pats! GOAT! GOAT! GOAT!! Yes, I'm from New England lol.

B: cheerios

S: egg, bacon and home fries at my friend's house

L: nope!

D: salmon and/or chicken wings during the game

E: debating on walking since the dog is under the weather. They said this is very painful. It's upsetting to me when he is hurting. I don't do well with it. : /

VSG on 04/28/2014

AnnieG522
on 2/4/19 5:38 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Well I'm glad your team didn't win, since the Saints weren't playing. It seemed like a very long game to me, even for the SuperBowl. Lots of great defense though.

I hope your dog is doing alright this morning. We are "dog" family people, so I hear ya.

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/19 5:49 pm

I'm not a football fan and I don't care one whit about the game. However, my sons are interested. Their sense of fairness was outraged by "Deflategate" so they're anti Tom Brady. This, the game is on. I'm reading a book.

B: omelet with ham and cheese on Good Seed thin toast

L: two mango habanero chicken wings, 3 tortilla chips topped with salsa and guacamole, Arnold Palmer

I feel so stuffed like I will never be hungry again. LOL. This is the most indulgent meal I've had since my surgery 2 months ago.

D: If I can eat again, probably some gumbo w/out rice

AnnieG522
on 2/4/19 5:39 am
VSG on 10/05/17

I think a lot of folks are not fans of Brady for various reasons. I do admire his commitment to treating his body with great care and respect as far as nutrition. I hope your boys had a good time, regardless.

I love gumbo -- I make it often. I've even learned how to freeze the roux for up to 6 months so I can make smaller batches!

Most Active