Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday February 8, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/8/19 4:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am glad it is Friday as DD arrives for a week in two days. The weather here continues to be gorgeous. It is a pool day as we have to buy tickets for the March Luau at the Pool when they go on sale this afternoon. It will sell out quickly!

DH enjoyed the daycare yesterday! He was there from 11-4:30. He danced, played games, talked with folks, etc. When I picked him up he said he would like to go back. Yeah! After DD leaves, I think I'll try to bring him 1-2 days a week probably for about the same amount of time. There is a 4 hour a day minimum and lunch is included so that window is good for ensuring that he is up, dressed and ready.

QOTD: If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce? I would make firearms of any form illegal with serious penalties for having one. I have always hated guns and with the increasing violence, I think my fear is warranted.

2 Years 10 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 2 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: DCGirl's tuna, artichoke salad and feta mix plus cottage cheese

D: Possibly pork and pepper kabobs - there is a pork tenderloin and peppers in the fridge

S: sweetened cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 2/8/19 5:04 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, Liz. I'm happy to hear your husband had a good day yesterday. It's nice for you to know he has a place where he will be happy and you can have some recharge time for yourself.

B: steel cut oats

L: unprepared - maybe I'll walk to Wegmans and get something there

D: I think we're doing leftovers tonight. Got takeout from a local Italian place last night and of course I could eat about 3 more times with the serving I got. ...chicken parm, I love red sauce

E: depends on the rain

I'm ready for it to be the weekend. I no longer have 90 miles of driving a day, but for some reason I'm still tired at the end of the day. I guess it's an improvement from being tired all the time.

VSG on 04/28/2014

AnnieG522
on 2/8/19 5:59 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Liz, your dd coming! Hooray! I go to see 2 of mine next weekend :) Always a recharge. So glad DH likes the place he can go and find himself in a new way, and you can feel safe to relax. Caregiver 101 - recharge.

QOTD: If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
What a hard thought. I believe I would make a law that NO ONE was allowed to be unkind or rude to anyone else. (I thought about outlawing stupid, but not sure that's enforceable.) If you broke it, you go to a lovely get-away-resort for the rude and unkind only. I just think those two things preclude a lot of other harmful behaviors.

B: Premier Protein shake w coffee

L: Apple walnut chicken salad

S: Chobani yogurt

D: Homemade chili w low fat cheese & 1/4 C crumbled bake tortilla chips

I have, once again, caught something after a routine doctor's visit. I have a genetically compromised immune system, but sheesh this is ridiculous this winter. I think I won't go again until its like summertime sports injury patients going.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/8/19 8:51 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL! Good law and penalty!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kristi T.
on 2/8/19 10:18 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Yea Liz, I am so glad DH liked the day program! Making it part of his routine each week will be good for both of you. I am also glad you will have a whole week with DD!

We are getting snow for the next three days, but with the snow comes a little warmer temps. Already 21 degrees, amazing how much better that feels than 3 degrees! My number one job this weekend is to keep ahead of the snow with lots of shoveling.

QOTD-I second the illegal firearms law. It is not a very popular stance to make in Montana, but I don't care:-) The ONLY exception to this law would be for Indigenous people who live in areas where they depend on hunting for survival, like the Inuit Tribes in Alaska.

B-1/3 cup granola, lots of coffee

L-Ham & cheese rollup, 1/2 apple with sunbutter

S-Hot tea

D-Some kind of salad with chicken

E-Hike with Emmy

Have a lovely Friday!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views