Unsupportive Parents

MotivatedToFit
on 3/13/19 3:30 pm

Thank you! You are right I feel this is something I am doing for myself. I want to be healthy and active for myself and future children. I'm taking back my health and getting off this crazy yo-yo rollercoaster while I'm still young. No one knows my body like I do and I refuse to keep going in this cycle. I have a family history of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and joint issues. So those risks far outweigh any risk of VSG surgery to me. I'm turning 23 and my joints and back already ache so bad. I will be successful and finally break the cycle after my surgery! Good luck to you as well! I hope your surgery goes well:) Here's to finally joining the LOSERS bench!

Laura in Texas
on 3/14/19 1:48 pm

I would find a therapist and/or support group for people to talk to about your upcoming surgery. Until they come around, I would keep the talks with your parents minimal. Talking about it will give them permission to give you their opinions and try to change your mind. You must stand strong and let them know you have made your decision.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MotivatedToFit
on 3/15/19 10:56 am

Absolutely! I have made my decision and am going through with the surgery in May.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views