WATCHA EATING TODAY VSGers? TUESDAY 12 Mar 2019

AnnieG522
on 3/11/19 11:56 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

Daylight Saving change is NOT my friend. It is 2:20 AM (EDT) and I cannot sleep. So up doing the quietest things I can so as not to wake my household. It messses with my sleep, my meds, my dogs needing to go out, and for some reason, my stomach always gets crazy. Aagh. I wish they would just leave it one way or another -- and I don't care which.

QOTD: If you are Irish, how much? And regardless, do you celebrate on the 17th? I've done genealogy ove 35 years, so when DNA became available (much to my adult children horror - maybe they wanted to commit a crime later?) DNA below.

As to celebrating, usually its in the way of food & family; this year it falls on Sunday, so Mass and then I will have made Beer braised Irish stew with colcannon.

lreland 57%

Netherlands) 14%

Europe East (Polish/Ukraine) 7%

Europe West (France) 6%

Iberian Peninsula (Spain) 4%

Scandinavia (Denmark) 3%

European Jewish (Ukraine) < 1%

My husband is 85% Polish :) My husband and a couple of my daughters have been to Ireland - I don't fly so not me. In theory, I would like to go to Spain to see family/friend and then Ireland, but "beam me up" doesn't work yet.

Interestingly, to genealogy nerds anyway, your DNA is not 50/50 from your parents nor are your siblings the same as yours. We truly are unique!

B: Insanely at 2:00 am, premier protein shake

Rest of the day - I have no idea -

maybe a salad, some fat free chili, and yogurt at some point. My whole body is Daytlight Saving crazy!

Have a wonderful days -- sorry if this is TMI

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

mmsmom
on 3/12/19 4:25 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, early bird. I was awake at 4 am. You'd think we would be sleeping later with the time change, but noooooooooooooooooo.

QOTD: 0% I have an irish last name (married name) but I am not Irish at all. My father was born in Sicily - and my mother was a mix. My daughter has done the dna test and there were no surprises. We will be on vacation on a cruise so no particular St. Paddy's day plans this year.

B: bought an egg sandwich and threw it away. It was gross... so maybe some pita chips and peanut butter

L: unprepared - uh

D: likely a piece of chicken on the grill - it's pretty warm here - like 50!! haha - in Boston that means break out the flip flops and open the windows, lol.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kristi T.
on 3/12/19 10:14 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Have a wonderful time on your cruise, I am a little envious!

Kristi T.
on 3/12/19 10:14 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! It's good to see you again Annie, I was wondering about you! Daylight Savings messes with me as well, last night I swear I woke every hour on the hour then just gave up and got up.

My mom is getting her second cataract taken out tomorrow. She doesn't do well with anything medical. So today is just errands and helping her prepare mentally for the EARLY morning arrival time:-)

QOTD-On my mom's side their is some Irish, not sure of the percentage. My brother did the DNA test and mentioned to me that I didn't need to do it because we would be the same. Not true, like you posted Annie, siblings will be different. So I am going to take the test:-) We are going to my uncle's assisted living for corned beef and cabbage dinner on Sunday.

B-1/3 cup granola, coffee and a piece of banana bread I made for my snow plow guy

L-fried egg, 1/2 apple with almond butter

S-Hot tea

D-Garlic lemon chicken thighs, steamed peas

E-Hike with Emmy

Have a great Tuesday!

Roselane
on 3/12/19 1:05 pm

Hi there,

This is my first post on one of these threads, I am a consistent lurker, but I think it might be helpful for me to start posting because I just heard back from the surgeon that my calories are too low right now and I think this might help. Saying calories are too low is totally bizarre to me.

QOTD: I also am a total genealogy nerd, so I found your post very interesting! I paid to have my parents DNA done and we had a rather amusing result. My dad has a Scottish last name and my mom's last name is Irish, so we always considered him Scottish and her Iri**** turns out that my dad's DNA is twice as Irish as my mom's! We are very much from Ireland, the UK area and then some West European.

Breakfast: Chobani low-sugar yogurt

Lunch: Stuffed pepper soup with cheddar cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Dinner: leftover salmon and spinach souffle OR Healthy Choice Simply Steamer

Highest weight: 350, Surgery weight: 317

VSG: 1/9/19

No longer obese goal: 185, Healthy weight goal: 150

Weight loss per month: 1=22, 2=12, 3=9.5, 4=11.5, 5=8, 6=9

Gwen M.
on 3/12/19 2:07 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

It is day #2 of my much needed break. Lance is taking off today (and yesterday, and Thursday too!) to spend time with me and we're enjoying being lazy and working our way through the backlog on the DVR.

QOTD: I know nothing about my genetic make-up and I'm 100% okay with that. I don't celebrate anything on the 17th and I'm often caught off guard if I'm out somewhere and notice lots of people wearing green.

1: protein shake
2: leftover steak quesadilla
3: avgolemono soup, homemade bread for the guys. I haven't made avgolemono probably since before I had WLS and I thought it would be lovely to make it this week. I'm modifying my recipe a little by doubling the chicken ingredients, but not the other ingredients, so it'll have higher protein than normal.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views