Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, 3/14/2019

Gwen M.
on 3/14/19 6:32 am, edited 3/14/19 6:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Pi Day!

Today is day four of my week off! Lance is taking off again today and we're watching some anime movie to prepare for some anime movie at the theater this evening. Nice relaxing day! I've gotten all my grades back and it's nice to be officially finished with the last term.

QOTD: How do you feel about adaptations of books? Do you get disappointed if they're not exactly the same? Do you try to read the book before you see the show/movie? What adaptations have you liked? What adaptations have you hated? (I'll reply in a comment, since my reply might be long!)

1: protein shake
2: leftover tempeh stuff
3: leftover avgolemono soup

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: relaxing is hard work, yo ;)

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 3/14/19 6:43 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: Inspired by the fact I've been watching The Passage, which is odd because it's telling the story chronologically when it was not chronological in the books.

I tend to enjoy adaptations because I try to go into them with zero expectations. If I find out something is coming out as a movie or show, I actively avoid reading (or re-reading) the source material so it won't be fresh in my mind. A lot of the times I read the source material after watching a thing and I've found that helps me to enjoy both.

I was super disappointed by the recent The Wrinkle in Time movie. It was shiny and pretty and stuff, but ugh. I did not think it was a good movie.

I like a lot of adaptations. One of my favorites was The Mist (the movie), because I loved the ending and thought the movie ending was actually better than the story ending. The movie ending seemed like what Stephen King should have/would have written. That's a rare thing to accomplish!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Lalagigi
on 3/14/19 8:16 am
VSG on 10/23/17

QOTD: Nearly always disappointed in adaptations. I am an avid ready and movies gloss over or omit critical plot points (Harry Potter).

B: Cottage cheese and hardboiled egg salad w/everything bagel seasoning

S: Protein drink, collagen powder and cold brew

L: 3 oz tuna steak and cauliflower gnocchi

D: Spinach salad with seared chicken breast, toasted almonds, cranberries, roasted sweet potato cubes, lite poppyseed dressing

S: Ghirardelli dark chocolate sea salt squares (2)

E: Walking 12-13k steps with dog

AnnieG522
on 3/14/19 9:27 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Happy Pi day back; also my son's 43rd birthday! (He has a PhD in physics coincidence?)

QOTD: How do you feel about adaptations of books? Do you get disappointed if they're not exactly the same? Do you try to read the book before you see the show/movie? What adaptations have you liked? What adaptations have you hated? I am also an avid reader, and because I create the scenes and characters in my imagination prior to the movie, I don't think I've ever really liked one as well as the book.

Books have been my "drug of choice" for 64 years (I'm turning 67) and my children did not grow up with TV's, so they are also avid readers. Of course, we do watch TV now.

I don't really like audio books either, because the narrator's voice is "wrong" in my head. I do like movies, just not adaptations as well as the more original. And normally the Part 2-??? are not as good as the original. Except for Planet of the Apes, lol.

B: Protein shake, 1/2 scrambled egg, 1/4 piece Mountain grain bread

L: 1 TB peanut butter, low fat Caesar Chicken Salad

D: We're going out for fish - Lent.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Kristi T.
on 3/14/19 9:49 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Glad your having a good week off Gwen.

I am really tired today, I dragged my feet a work this morning. Taking my mother to her post op appointment today, then we are done for awhile. She is having a hard time understanding why her eyes are blurry, no amount of explanations are helping. It is hard to see her confused. She will get a temporary pair of glasses today, so hopefully that will help. I try really hard to not let her drain my energy, but she has today:-)

QOTD-I try to keep an open mind when seeing an adaptation. A few of the best ones I have seen are Gone Girl and Trainspotting. I disliked and was disappointed in The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.

B-1/3 cup granola

L-scrambled eggs w/cheese

S-Hot tea, turkey jerky

D-Stuffed green peppers

E-Hike with Emmy this afternoon

Have a good Thursday!

Most Active