Whole 30 / Weight Loss

jacreasy
on 4/1/19 1:10 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

Has anyone that is Post-Op (Im currently 7 years PO) done the Whole 30? If so what were your results & weight loss?

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Mary Gee
on 4/1/19 3:52 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

My community did a 30 day weight loss challenge. Most participants followed the Whole 30 plan. I lost 13 pounds...could have been more but I had a few "off" days. My starting weight was 225.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Maritopia
on 4/2/19 6:39 am
VSG on 03/01/17

I did it for 2 weeks at around 15 months postop and I think I lost a few pounds. For me, Whole 30 just means my normal diet minus dairy and artificial sweeteners, and cutting these things out helps to keep me from snacking.

Height: 5'5" SW: 222 lbs CW: 122 lbs

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/2/19 2:56 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

In some ways, Whole30 is just another fad diet that has you restrict your diet to a point that's not super sustainable over the long term. While the idea of paying close attention to your food is a great one, and it's great to avoid alcohol, carbs, and things like desserts, you can do that without doing Whole30.

If you're dealing with regain, your best bet may be to go "back to basics" and revisit the diet you followed as a new post-op. Shoot for high protein, low carb, low calorie. Weigh, measure, and log all of your food to stay accountable. There are a lot of us here who've dealt with regain and had success this way, and it's definitely much more sustainable than being very paranoid about a food list.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

summer24
on 4/5/19 6:00 am

I looked at Whole30, Keto, Paleo. I ended up doing Keto the beginning of the year, and still do, pretty regularly. I find it resembles our eating patterns that we are supposed to do(protein first, then good carbs, no processed carb) I'm almost 11 years post op and had gained 7-8 pounds the last few years. I lost the weight in two weeks, and find it easy to maintain. I am a huge sugar addict, so getting through the first couple of days was tough. I also do IF now, rarely eat breakfast, and skip lunch @ 3-4 times a week.

ejdiel
on 4/8/19 9:00 am

What do you do for the craving of sugar?

summer24
on 4/8/19 10:32 am

Our bodies are truly incredible. After not having any sugar, the cravings stopped after a couple of days, but it was a tough couple of days. I find that if I have any sugar(i.e. my vitamin gummies), the cravings were not going away. You really have to just battle through and get over it. You will get there!

ejdiel
on 4/8/19 1:14 pm

Thanks

ejdiel
on 4/8/19 1:19 pm

Just curious how much food do you eat and how much water you drink? I'm 2 years out I eat about 1/4 cup of food and drink 200 oz of water and 2tbs of peanut butter for snack and decaf coffee with sugar free creamer sweet and low and just little premier shake with it

jacreasy
on 4/8/19 6:21 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

By 2 years you should deff be able to eat 1/2 cup.

I can eat about 1 cup of food depending if it straight protein its prob somewhere around 5/6 oz.

WOW ON THE 200 OZ OF WATER that's amazing. I'm lucky if I get in 4 bottles on any given day.

I'm doing W30 to try and lose my regain of 40 lbs since 2015 when I ha knee surgery. I was going to gym 6 days a week for 3.5 years n they stopped n couldnt go for 5 months well list all motivation and was still eating like I was at gym. I can eat anything nothing bothers me unfortunately.

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Most Active