WATCHA EATING TODAY VSGers? Monday, 15 April 2019

AnnieG522
on 4/15/19 4:52 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Good morning! What a day of storms yesterday was, and today is windy but sunny. I do not understand how pollen clouds still exist in the heavy rain, but I believe I am addicted to Benadryl!

QOTD: If you have children (birth, adopted, step or just those who've crossed your path), have you ever had a real day "off"??? I'll answer in the comments.

B: Premier protein shake with lots of coffee

S: 1/2 oz mixed nuts

L: Low fat Casear salad

S: ???

D: Split pea soup and 1/2 C tuna

S: Chobani yogurt

Having a little trouble hitting all my liquids -- I think I'm sleepy from the allergy meds (and being old).

Looking forward to a very busy week; seeing my middle daughter tomorrow evening for a bit. She's out the following week while school has spring break (she's a teacher), and she and my oldest will be painting the oldest daughter's condo.

Youngest is waiting to hear if she made the cut for nursing school this fall. Hoping for good news; she's worked so hard! She has a full time job, 2 small children (single parent, no child support), and works 2 extra part time jobs from home in the evenings. She scored well on the entrance test.

Oldest (son) and his family planning 2 months in China this summer -- his wife is from Mongolia, so its a trip home for them.

Sheesh, when did I get so old????

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

AnnieG522
on 4/15/19 4:56 am
VSG on 10/05/17

QOTD: If you have children (birth, adopted, step or just those who've crossed your path), have you ever had a real day "off"??? I am sure there are times when I could have been"off duty", but even now that they are that oxymoron of "adult-children", quite competent and independent, I still have them in my thoughts and prayers throughout the day.

I have 4 - 3 girls and a boy; I have 2 step sons; I have 3 "acquired" daughters who I also "mom". And honestly, I never expected, nor thought I wanted children. I was sure I would be a dreadful mother.

I've had my days where my best was not particularly a high mark, but now that they are grown and I see their loveliness of character, their kindness to others, their compassion, their commitment to making the world better one person at a time (and they have jobs and their own health insurance, lol), I feel like they were meant to turn out well, in spite of their mom!

I probably hear from most of them every other day -- the good, the bad, and the "why would you tell me this??" stuff. All good.

Grateful for every day. I've been a mom 44 years -- and I'll be 67 in May.

Gwen M.
on 4/15/19 5:24 am
VSG on 03/13/14

We had a "shelter in place" warning at 3am! Crazy storms. I hope everyone is okay.

Be careful with the benadryl, it's not the safest option for long-term use. Something like Allegra might be better.

I had a lovely weekend with my mom and I'm finishing up some school stuff before I hit the road home, hoping to miss rush hour if I wait a bit longer!

QOTD: I do not have any sort of children! But just existing in a home with other people makes me feel like I never have a day off. And that's okay.

1: roast beef and cheese (it's funny, I automatically started typing "protein shake" after the 1:)
2: depends on when I get home. Maybe more roast beef in the car, who knows.
3: kofta balls and indian tomato sauce (see post on main forum for recipe, etc), rice for the guys

liquid and vites: on track for liquids, no vites allowed until after my procedure on Friday
exercise: yoga once home, although I'm wiped out from a billion hours of ping pong with my mom!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 4/15/19 6:15 am - Woburn, MA

what a lovely post, Annie. We are getting the heavy rains/thunder and lightening here today...it's crazy

QOTD: I have two children (29 and 27) and no, i don't think you ever get a day off. One I don't worry about at all - and the other I worry about whether there is cause or not (at the moment). He has been cause for worry from birth - and the other, the model child. At the moment, he is doing well in life. I am lucky that both of my kids live within 1 mile of me and I see them often. My daughter will text on a Sunday morning, "tea?" and I head over for cup with her - the highlight of my week!

B: crackers and peanut butter (poor planning)

L: salad with tuna

D: steak with veg

E: hopefully a walk- we are purging our attic and the kids old rooms, taking down a pool and a 30x30 garden, so lots of activity, steps and walking to the dumpster!

VSG on 04/28/2014

AnnieG522
on 4/17/19 6:45 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Isn't it strange that they really don't change much from birth? We have one of the six you is constantly in odd cir****tances; however, at 53 we cannot worry about him too hard because he is who he is. A good soul, but his own worst enemy. The other 5 are pretty well stable -- a bit of a wobble, now and then, but wonderfully compassionate, giving, honest and their own health insurance, lol.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/15/19 1:07 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Hi! I thought I'd drop in as I have more down time than usual today. Life with DH (Alzheimer's) has become a challenge. Due to stress from that and many visitors to our Florida winter home I gained a freshman 15 and am now working in losing another 10 of that.

QOTD: I had 4 children all together:

• My eldest DD was my only birth child, born when I was 17. She passed away 14 years ago at 32. She was my heart.
  • My step DD is only 8 months younger than my eldest DD and was close to her sister but not as much to us until the last 8-10 years. Now she is mine too. She used to live about 5 hours away from our Cape home, but is now about 5 hours away from our Florida home.
  • My youngest DD was adopted and is a very unique young lady. She lives about 1.5 hours away from our Cape home. She has worked for the same insurance company for 6+ years and is getting an MBA but still struggles with living arrangements and trying to find a permanent guy.
  • DS, my youngest child and also adopted, calls me daily and lives in our home on Cape Cod. He is definitely the closest to me now. He is just changing Executive Chef jobs and has a long distance, long standing relationship with another guy who he'd like to marry. But I'm not sure the other guy is on the same page.

So that probably answers the QOTD in a long-winded way. NO, I never really have a day off from thinking/worrying about them!

3 year post-op - post maintenance, trying to lose regain.

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: shrimp

D: Fish of some sort (out to eat)

S: cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

AnnieG522
on 4/17/19 6:42 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Liz, I am so very sorry about the loss of your DD. It sounds like you have a great love for all your children, and what a gift that is both ways. I have not had to deal with Alzheimer's (so far) -- neither of our families has any history, but who knows why some families escape it. I have attempted to support friends whose lives has been touched by it. I also have a dear friend whose son is 54, and the oldest surviving Trisomy child. We never know how hard other peoples cir****tances are, so its good that kindness is free and we can give lots.

I am up a few pounds (only 1 over my "written" goal of 130) and over on where I am comfortable (125). Not sure why since tracking shows things are okay. Maybe allergies?

Good note on the Benadryl, as I've felt so punky with it. I think I will try something else; I do know that one I took (Clariten) was so awful my husband was ready to leave me on the side of the road since I was hyper hyper.

Hugs and love to you and all of yours.

Liz J.
on 4/15/19 2:24 pm
DS on 11/29/16

QOTD: If you have children (birth, adopted, step or just those who've crossed your path), have you ever had a real day "off"??? Since mine is grown, yes!

B- Protein bar

S- Protein Coffee

L- Low carb wrap w/turkey & veggies w/ranch

S- Yogurt

D- Ribeye steak 4-5oz

S- Jello

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Most Active