Looking for a true plus size knee brace that fits

la_maestra
on 4/24/19 3:51 pm - AZ

Howdy folks,

I am looking for a knee brace that actually fits. All of the "plus size" braces I am finding are showing that they are not "true to size", don't fit, the velcro doesn't go around, etc. I have a suprapatellar joint effusion and have to be off my knee for three weeks. Unfortunately I can't sit around my house for three weeks...and I can't walk. So crutches it is...but I need a brace, too.

I have big legs. I've tried doing Ace bandages but they keep rolling down and are painful behind my knee.

Any suggestions you have would be most appreciated. This is what I deserve for thinking I could work out by doing Zumba and climbing a freaking mountain at 307 lbs. :o(

Thanks in advance,
Heather

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/24/19 4:34 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I did a quick Google and found this site-- they make knee braces that go up to a size 6X! Maybe they'd have something that would fit?

https://www.braceability.com/products/bariatric-plus-size-kn ee-brace

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/29/19 6:10 am, edited 4/28/19 11:13 pm - Burleson, TX

Even if OP never comes back, you helped ME !!! I fell, last night, over a rug, while mopping the floor...landed smack on my bad knee

I knew housework would be my undoing...

*ETA: Amazon carries them!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Mary Gee
on 4/26/19 11:54 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

MMmmmm...... Wonder if OP saw the info you posted. No response or thanks. Maybe she has been busy...

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views