(ms.sleeve) 6 month post-op update

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/19 7:37 pm, edited 4/25/19 7:06 pm
VSG on 10/24/18

I had gastric sleeve surgery on October 24, 2018.
So that makes today my 6 month post op anniversary.

It's been a crazy experience so far, this weight loss surgery thing. I am still amazed sometimes at how much my life has changed for the better.

I started off at 235 lbs on Oct 10, 2018 (start of my 2wk pre-op liquid diet) and am now 138.1 lbs, which means I lost 96.9 lbs (or 41% of my TOTAL body weight) since October 10th. Crazy.

Went from a BMI of 43.2 (morbidly obese) to 25.4 (almost a normal 25!)

Chest-Waist-Hips measurements (in inches) went from 48 - 431/2 - 491/2 to 35 - 29 - 361/2

Off all prescription meds, no longer pre-diabetic nor do I have a fatty liver anymore. And Mr. is so very happy that I stopped snoring (like a freight train, apparently) the day after surgery.

I feel stronger, more confident, more energized and more.....AWESOME.

Of course there are some downsides:

• Alot of my hair has fallen out (but I *think* it has stopped and new teeny hairs seem to be spouting...but this may just be wishful thinking lol)
  • My arms are pretty saggy. Though I am already shopping around for surgeons to get this fixed, hopefully by the fall.
  • I am trying to wean myself off of my PPI and it is proving to be an unpleasant task. I've only been at it for a week and a bit, so I'm still holding out hope that it will turn around soon.
  • I have a love-hate relationship with my toilet as far as pooping goes.

But for the record, I would still do this all again in a heartbeat.

I am more than pleased with my progress so far and credit it with the following:
** Disclaimer: the following works for ME, and may not jive with others' way of doing things...**

• Tracking and recording EVERYTHING I eat and drink
  • Weighing myself every morning (and track fat, lean body mass percentages)
  • Take my body measurements once a week
  • Try to get 70g of Protein a day (don't always make this)
  • Drink at least 2.5 litres of Water a day
  • Keep net carbs to less than 20g per day
  • Go to bed on an empty stomach
  • Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep at night (don't always make this either)
  • Exercise of some form or another for at least 1 hour every day
  • ...and when I can, get said exercise in before I have my first meal of the day.

I had already surpassed my doc's projected goal for me back in January, and I am about 18 lbs from my own personal goal and am pretty excited about it :), though I may be more excited about getting rid of these bat wings.

Pobearsam7
on 4/24/19 8:35 pm

Great job!!!

thats great your sticking to your plan of action since wls

Kelly                

Jannie7
on 4/25/19 11:39 am
VSG on 06/17/19

Thank you so much for posting this!! How inspiring for those of us waiting for our surgery date! Congratulations on all of your hard work!!

Most Active