Gallbladder Surgery

GirlSquadOfOne
on 7/13/19 11:20 pm
VSG on 09/11/18

After losing 120 pounds in 8 months I ended up needing my gallbladder removed. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this. I had surgery 3 days ago and just feel like crap. I'm weak, my belly button incision hurts and I get a few chills and sweats at night. I don't have a fever or any pus drainage but I'm a worrywart. What's your experiences?

HW-337

SW-316

CW-214

Laura in Texas
on 7/14/19 7:01 am

Gallbladder issues are common after rapid weight loss, which is why some surgeons prescribe Ursodiol to use for the first six months. Thankfully I did not have any problems.

I hope you feel better soon!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

White Dove
on 7/14/19 8:47 pm - Warren, OH

My gallbladder was good for ten years, and then the surgeon took it out because I had some sludge and one stone. I was worried about life afterward. He said because I don't eat fatty foods, then I would not notice any difference and that was right.

I had no issues with the gallbladder surgery other than taking it easy for a few days. My incisions are right under my bra.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/15/19 9:28 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I had mine out several years before WLS, and I remember the recovery being pretty miserable. I basically slept for an entire week and used all the pain pills they gave me! I remember the incision definitely hurt, I had to put a heating pad on mine to get any relief.

As long as you're not running a fever, and your incisions aren't hot to the touch or oozing, you're probably ok. Good luck and speedy healing!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Pobearsam7
on 8/3/19 6:11 am

I had my gallbladder out 3 1/2 yrs post op

so I do hear it is common after wls

Kelly                

Most Active