Just had sleeve two days ago..

Yogagirl17
on 7/18/19 2:58 pm
VSG on 07/16/19

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I had my sleeve done two days ago. I am having a very hard time getting the gas out of me. Not in too much pain but I'm very uncomfortable. Anyone have any tips? I thought I'd feel better by now but I feel somewhat the same which is making me anxious. Thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/19 4:34 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

I was also terrified of the gas pain so can totally relate. Walking 5 minutes every hour (when you're not napping) helped me and within 2 days the pain was gone. I know it's very painful and scary but it's temporary. Try to hang in there and good luck.

Yogagirl17
on 7/18/19 4:54 pm
VSG on 07/16/19

Thank you so much! Trying to be patient and let it do it's thing. It's hard! ??

Round_Tiger
on 7/18/19 5:17 pm
VSG on 07/09/19

Hey Yogagirl and welcome aboard! I'm new too. My surgery was on July 9th, and I had the exact same problem. What worked for me was when I got home, I moved around (without pushing it too much). I have two small children, so I had no choice but to move around. It's hard because your body is tired and just wants to recover from having an organ cut up, and you're all on pain medicine which makes you want to just pass out for hours on end. But, the pressure will eventually pass (pun intended). And it feels miraculous once it does.

Yogagirl17
on 7/18/19 5:26 pm
VSG on 07/16/19

Awesome. Thank you! I appreciate it. I just have to learn some patience. Congrats on your sleeve!

Frank_M
on 7/19/19 2:03 pm
VSG on 05/14/19 with

Antacids might help as well. Most over the counter meds should work fine. But walking is the best. Also hydration is very important. Hope you feel better

Yogagirl17
on 7/26/19 10:05 am
VSG on 07/16/19

Thank you! Finally feeling better!

White Dove
on 7/19/19 2:20 pm - Warren, OH

These are two weird old time remedies but they still work. Because gas rises it is going up in your body. You need to get your head lower than your behind. Either by bending over until your head is at the level of your knees or if you cannot manage that, then lie on the bed and hang your head over the edge so it is lower than your body.

For me, this dislodges any gas immediately.

If I am in public and start to get gas, I will bend over and act like I am tying or adjusting my shoes. It only takes a minute with my head lowered to get rid of the gas, and it goes out with no noise and no smell.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Yogagirl17
on 7/26/19 10:06 am
VSG on 07/16/19

Awesome! Thank you, finally starting to feel better.

Chrissykookalou
on 7/24/19 6:12 pm
VSG on 08/12/19

Someone posted on YouTube having used GasX for babies and said that it worked for them. Packing this in my to go bag! Ask your Dr before using and good luck!

Most Active