Stall

MotivatedToFit
on 8/6/19 10:48 am, edited 8/6/19 12:39 pm

I feel I have hit a weight loss plateau. I hit onederland about a week ago. I weighed in at 199 lbs I am currently 194 and it seems my weight is bouncing back and forth between 194 and 193.6 lbs. I trust the process but it does get frustrating at times as I am eating healthy, exercising, and following my surgeon?s instructions. I am 74 lbs away from my goal and I just want to get there so badly. I did not have the dreaded three week stall but I am almost three months post op and seemed to have hit a wall. Any advice on what to do to break this stall?

Frank_M
on 8/6/19 11:19 am
VSG on 05/14/19 with

I have had a couple stalls, going through one now too. I have been watching my carbs mostly. I started walking a lot more a few weeks ago. I could be building a little muscle or my body is just getting used to the new fitness routine.

If you're exercising the same way everyday, maybe you can try something different. Instead of walking ride a bike or walk on a trail through the woods. And remember to keep hydrated.

MotivatedToFit
on 8/6/19 12:37 pm

Thank you for the advice. I will switch up my routine. I also could be building muscle as I have been strength training for two months now.

Grim_Traveller
on 8/6/19 12:44 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

There is no way to brwak a stall. Weight loss is not a straight line. Stick to your plan, watch calories like a hawk, and things work out just fine over time.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Round_Tiger
on 8/10/19 6:22 am
VSG on 07/09/19

Please listen to what Grim is saying. There is no hack to "trick your body" into breaking a stall. It's the body working in conjunction with the thyroid.

Unless you're eating the same exact way you did before the surgery, and then I'd be worried.

Round_Tiger
on 8/11/19 6:49 am
VSG on 07/09/19

I might add that I just came off a two week stall, and lost 6 pounds. But I was losing inches when the pounds weren't coming off. The trick is to just stay strict with your diet and exercise commitment. Embrace the fact that you're going to lose this way. This is advice given to me by others on this board and by medical professionals. And I'm so thankful that it was given to me, as I'd be bat sh*t crazy at each stall, otherwise!

Most Active