Surgery during the Holidays

Vanvooh
on 8/28/19 10:26 am

My last step will be the upper GI which I cannot have until 10/2... So it looks like I might end up having surgery in November or December... I guess there are advantages ...

ScaleSkater
on 8/29/19 6:56 am

Time to practice that holidays don't need to be about the food.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

ScaleSkater
on 8/29/19 10:28 am

As you can see from my RNY date, I had my surgery recovery right through the holidays. My second meal with real food was Thanksgiving dinner. My dog wanted some of my plate and she was so sad, because I was so diligent on my measures she didn't get any from me. I had 2 oz of Ham (turkey looked too dry), one slice baked sweet potato, no sugar (think potato chip slice size), three tiny cubes of squash that was very soft. It was fun. I enjoyed talking with everyone and catching up vs. stuffing my face. Someone even made a bariatric SF cheesecake for me and I had a bite of that too. That was so nice of them.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

TSSmith
on 9/1/19 2:05 am
VSG on 10/26/18

I had my surgery in Oct 2018, no problems during the holidays. I had slow recovery and food was no issue to be around I jad no frsote to eat even though I couldn't .

Be encouraged, it's life changing!

laviecharmee
on 9/1/19 4:57 pm - CA
VSG on 12/16/13

My surgery was 12/16/2013. Thanksgiving was my 'last meal' as I started the 2-week liquid diet that weekend... fortunately you really aren't very hungry for a good time afterward so Christmas was fine. I was able to have smale tastes of some things and that was really just fine. You got this!!

~ Kim     Never take away someone's hope, it may be all they have left

(DEC  -19)  (JAN  -16.4)  (FEB  -9.2)  (MAR -13.5)  (APR -4.8)  (MAY -4.6)  (JUN -8)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 33 views