7 Years Out: My Final Concession

Louisiannie
on 8/29/19 2:47 pm, edited 8/29/19 2:49 pm - LA

I had my surgery 7 1/2 years ago. For the next year I steadily lost - almost 100 pounds, but still 30 shy of my goal.

Then I retired. I fudged a little here and there, but since my weight loss was steady, I never changed any of my other habits. Specifically: exercise. I just hate it, don't play any sports, and generally detest sweating!

I retired and sat down. Without the daily activities of working, I sat and gained ~15 pounds a year until I had regained about 80 pounds.

I finally got on a stationary bike at the gym and have lost about 40. But I am finally over my stubbornness. I hope I'm finally on the right path.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/29/19 9:48 pm

Congratulations on the first 40 lbs loss. Good luck losing the rest.

I often loose more weight and lose faster when I don't exercise.

Expect the loss maybe slow. On average 1 lb a week is a reasonable expectation. Consistency and patience is a key.

Exercise can keep us active, prevent us from eating food during the exercise, plus some people's bodies make endorphins, and that helps with limiting how much they eat.

Changing the diet (things you eat and quantity) should result in weight loss, while exercise have other benefits.

I lost 40 lbs practically with not much, if any, exercise. Reducing carbs, sugars, alcohol, concentrating on proteins, fat with a few bites of veggies.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Amy R.
on 8/30/19 10:11 am

Lots of us have been where you are in regards to regain. Congrats on knocking of that first 40 pounds! Now that you know you can do it, the hardest part is behind you.

Hang in there and keep going. You'll be where you want to be before you know it!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views