4 years

reree6898
on 9/29/19 11:59 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

I haven't been able to be on here much this past year. Yesterday was my 4 year anniversary from having VSG. I still feel that it was the best decision ever for my health and well being. I have lost over 200 pounds. I'm not going to lie, this year has been a bit of a roller coaster. I got married almost a year ago then after two months of marriage my husband was diagnosed with cancer. Through four hospital stays and two surgeries thank God he is fine now and cancer free. While that journey could have been so much worse than it was it still took a tole. I also went through some wacky health issues with hormones and things and had to work on getting my house fixed up and sold.

I went for my annual check in with my surgeon on Friday and despite the fact that I've gained 13 pounds back they were still very pleased with my overall progress and the fact that I am getting things back in control. I've been struggling with feeing a bit like a failure due to the little bit of regain however they said that with all I've had to deal with this year they were surprised at how well I've maintained. Overall things now have settled down and are going good. I'm working on getting back to my lowest weight and enjoying time with my wonderful husband.

The black and white photo is what my surgeon gave me from my first consultation day compared to my four year check in and the other one is from today.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

Most Active