Water retention

elisadiel
on 10/4/19 8:13 pm
VSG on 05/30/17

I drink about 200 oz. Of water daily and all the sudden my ankles basically my body is retaining water need advice..

momyshaver
on 10/5/19 4:05 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I would be calling my Dr. depending how how much water you are retaining. It could signal other health issues or be a side effect of a medication, (which is often more annoying than anything but something I would still want to make sure my Dr. knew about). I take a medication that I always retain a solid 10 or more pounds on past a certain dose range. I have tested it out and it was a solid yes for me but I did mention it to my Dr. because some health conditions can cause sudden water retention.

reree6898
on 10/5/19 5:22 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

I agree with the poster above that you need to talk to your dr right away if nothing in your daily life has changed and out of nowhere your having swelling like that. There are several serious health issues that can be related to sudden onset of swelling.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

White Dove
on 10/5/19 9:35 am - Warren, OH

I agree with the other posters. This is not normal and you need to get medical attention.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/5/19 10:37 am

Retaining fluid in feet and ankles sometimes may indicate proteins deficiencies.

Or other medical issues due to lungs or kidney.

I hope you are seeing a doctor soon.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

elisadiel
on 10/5/19 3:19 pm
VSG on 05/30/17

Thank you guys!!! I will be making doc appointments!!!

Most Active