Upcoming VSG - after Band nfo, please

AnneAA
on 11/2/19 10:26 pm
VSG on 01/23/20

Hello!

I did well with a band for 12 years , maintaining a 100# loss., until it caused a very dilated esophagus and was removed.

I regained 30 # in a year, so I'm off in January to have a VSG at 180 #.

I'd love to hear the experiences of others going from band to VSG before becoming extremely heavy again.

Can I expect decent weight loss? Is it harder? I'm older now and have bad knees and back, so exercise is limited.

Should the remaining stomach be a smaller size (as I have heard)?

Any special tips?

Thaank you!

AnneAA

White Dove
on 11/3/19 5:01 am - Warren, OH

I don't think that there are any active members right now that have had band to VSG. I have been on ObesityHelp since 2003, so will share a few things that I remember through the years.

When they first started revising bands to VSG, one of members posted that the VSG did what the band was supposed to do. More recently there was a discussion saying that VSG does not provide the tight restriction that a band does.

Nobody ever posted that they regretted getting rid of the band and there have been many posts about the various damage that the band did to people's bodies. VSG will give you a tiny sleeve, but that sleeve can be stretched out considerably.

You might want to go to the revision board and read old posts there.

To lose weight with a revision and keep it off will depend on what you eat. At twelve years out from RNY, I am always either on a diet or gaining weight. Just like before surgery. I have to plan my meals, track my food, and weigh myself every day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views