Scale Recommendations

thundermuffins
on 12/14/19 8:45 am - NJ
VSG on 10/07/19

Does anyone have any digital scale recommendations? Mine is very finicky.

TheWombat
on 12/14/19 10:31 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I've been happy with my FitBit Aria 2. Both MyFitnessPal and Cronometer will sync with your fitbit account.

https://www.fitbit.com/aria2

Having a scale that reports body fat % is helpful. Often when the scale hasn't moved for a bit, I can see that the body fat % has gone down, which reassures me. When you're heavier, the weight comes off quickly but the body fat % changes slowly. As you get thinner, it's the reverse (mathematics), so it's helpful to have both.

One thing to note is that this scale only reports body fat % if you pair it with your smartphone. I originally planned to use it as a "dumb" scale, so I was disappointed. However, pairing it with my smartphone has had benefits because I can see how my weight fluctuates over time.

lbalaw2
on 12/19/19 5:55 am
VSG on 09/19/17

I just purchased a Withings scale. Someone on this site posted a link and I looked into it. Amazon had a sale. Like it very much so far. I sync it with trendweight website. It is a wifi scale so your weight is recorded in trendweight automatically. That way I cannot forget to record it. I weigh daily to help myself with accountability.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/23/19 10:13 am

I had a few scales, but I finally got the Withing's scale and I love it. Body+

Withings "Body+ " Body Composition Wi-Fi Smart Scale with Smartphone App

Amazon has a good price for it. IA few years back mine was much too much, but I really like it. I tried Aria but it was not very repeatable for me.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

thundermuffins
on 12/25/19 9:46 am - NJ
VSG on 10/07/19

My husband got me a Renpho scale for Christmas that I'm really liking today

Thanks for your help everyone!

Laura in Texas
on 12/26/19 6:58 am

I got that one, too, since my kids keep stealing my withings. I like it just as much (even though it was much less expensive).

If you have not figured it out, both you and your husband can use it separately. If your app is open and you weigh it will record your weight. Close the app before your husband uses it and then he can open the app and weigh himself. It will keep the weights separate.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active