Starting Liquid Diet prior to approval

Needtogetback45
on 1/3/20 6:35 am
VSG on 01/16/20

My original surgery date was 1/6 however the doctors office tried to schedule me at an outpatient facility which my insurance denied. Finally The resubmitted with the hospital stay (1/16) but have not heard from the insurance yet. I started the liquid diet yesterday (Which is so nasty). Has anyone had this happen? How do you not worry?

catwoman7
on 1/3/20 1:45 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

you may be fine. A lot of insurance companies seem to require that you have your surgery with a "Center of Excellence" - I'm guessing there are more hospitals with that designation than out-patient surgery centers, although I'm not sure about that....

Needtogetback45
on 1/3/20 3:06 pm
VSG on 01/16/20

I think that's true! I am just more annoyed with my doctors office not knowing! Does not make me confident they will get an approval before.... and if they get a decline they wouldn't have time to appeal it. ð??'

White Dove
on 1/3/20 2:15 pm - Warren, OH

The fact that it can be outpatient surgery should make you feel less nervous. I worried so much about my surgery and it was pretty much a non-event. I have had dental work that left me feeling worse. I had surgery on Tuesday, was up walking in a few hours, back home on Thursday, did light housework all weekend and back to work on Monday.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Needtogetback45
on 1/3/20 3:05 pm
VSG on 01/16/20

So awesome to hear! I am not that anxious about the surgery more about them not approving it in time and I had to eat this nasty crap for 2 weeks (it's also expensive). So happy to hear that it was not too bad!

Most Active