8+ years and counting!

Carpe_Diem
on 1/4/20 9:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I was 59 years old when I had my VSG on Sept 26,2011. My goal weight was 175 lbs. Made that in 10 months. Now I'm 67 and weighed 178 lbs this morning. Not worried about the 3 lbs. I'm walking the golf course in the summer and sweeping hard at the curling rink in the winter. Life is good and I feel great.

The first month was very hard, the next 5 months were difficult. After that it was much easier. Surround yourself with loved ones and supportive friends. My very best wishes to all who make this journey.

GRAVITY SUCKS  
          LEAD, FOLLOW, or GET OUT OF THE WAY !     
White Dove
on 1/5/20 7:56 am - Warren, OH

What an inspiring story. Keep up the good work.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

jmk187
on 1/6/20 12:38 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

Very Inspiring...Do you find you still have restriction? Do you follow your programs Post-Op Lifestyle plan? Do you still eat protein first? How many calories do you eat in a day(if you count them) How about carbs..Do you eat low carb or count your carbs?

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

Carpe_Diem
on 1/7/20 2:53 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I don't count calorie sor carbs. I eat protein first for sure. Breakfast is 2 eggs, 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of toast. No lunch. For dinner I will eat anything in MUCH smaller quantities but almost never bread and seldom pasta. Restaurants are difficult. Too much food so I try to share my wife's dinner. She gets 3/4 of the steak and I try to eat the rest. Veggies of course, but the meat is first. I really listen to my body. If I eat too much or too fast I will foam, so I pay attention. As soon as I feel the tightness at the top of my stomach, I stop. That's it. This lifestyle is probably not ideal, but it's working for me.

GRAVITY SUCKS  
          LEAD, FOLLOW, or GET OUT OF THE WAY !     
jmk187
on 1/7/20 3:16 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

Wow that's amazing...I would say for sure you still have restriction 8 years out. Amazing...the last restaurant I went to was long horn. I went with my brother and we got 2 appetizers to share and we each got a 6oz sirloin..and each a bowl of French onion soup. I didn't eat the bread but had some loaded fries and deep fried Pickle's. I managed to eat most of my soup and then was too full to eat the steak. I got two more meals out of the steak and the remainder of the appetizers. It's just amazing. Before surgery I would eat 40oz of prime rib in a sitting...plus 2 sides and a salad. That was just 1 meal of the day.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

Most Active