Sleeved 12/10/19.... not losing much

White Dove
on 1/8/20 2:00 pm - Warren, OH

It so upsets me when people are given a list of foods to eat that includes crackers and toast. It feels like you are being given a license to fail. I did not touch crackers or bread for the first three years and still am extremely careful with them.

You need meat, eggs, cheese, fish, poultry, protein shakes and very little else. Flour, sugar, cereal, vegetables (especially starchy ones) and most fruit are things that will stop your initial weight loss. Don't even think about eating them until you are well below your goal weight and don't mind some regain. I did allow myself strawberries and blueberries. I added apples after 18 months.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/8/20 4:48 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Carbs makes me hungry, & usually whenever I had a good amount of carbs the night before, I wake up with strong hunger pangs. Once I went with a more protein forward meal, I didn't wake up feeling so hungry.

You might just need a ppi or a different one if you have a lot of acid built up. Make sure you're getting enough water also. Since you recently had surgery maybe your body is holding onto the fluids rather than letting it go.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Frank_M
on 1/27/20 7:47 pm
VSG on 05/14/19 with

I've noticed the 1st month can be slow for a lot of us. My starting bmi was 37.5. I was told that the lower your bmi the slower your weight loss will be. You should expect to be near your goal around 12-18 months. I've had numerous stalls. But I am still losing and can see my goal weight on the horizon.

Walking also helped get my scale moving. I went from being a couch potato to walking 4 miles within a few weeks. It also did wonders for me mentally too.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views