Looking for Regain Info

mdusha
on 1/29/20 8:26 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Ignore my signature; I've regained quite a lot since my VSG 12/2012. But I'm back on track. I had lost about 196lbs and have regained about 70. I feel good about being back on track but am a little surprised (I shouldn't be, I guess) that the weight isn't coming off so fast. I'm keeping my calories below 800 a day, watching carbs (less than 20 every day and far fewer some days) and walking for exercise. What say you? What should I do? Thanks for your input!

Michelle

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/29/20 12:55 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You may want to check in with your surgeon to make sure that everything is good with your sleeve, from a mechanical perspective. You'll probably also need bloodwork to make sure your vitamins and such are in good shape.

Walking is good for your health, but it doesn't burn many calories. If you're trying to speed up your weight loss, you'll want something a bit more intense. Jogging, biking, swimming, zumba, any sort of cardio that really gets your heart rate up and keeps it there for 30+ minutes is a good choice.

Good luck!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/30/20 5:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Unfortunately our metabolism goes back to normal after a while (maybe 2 years). If you are post-menopause like I am it means that it REALLY tanks. I had regained about 20 and am going to WW (former lifetime member) for the accountability and because I like their new program. The weight is coming off at a snails pace but it is going down. I have lost about 10 of the 20 pounds in about 2+ months. I suspect it will take 2-3 more to get the other 10 off.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/20 12:29 pm

Hi. I can relate. I had thought about. I actually used to work for them...oh 30 years ago. I'm sure a lot has changed. Can you please tell me what the abbreviations stand for after your post?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 33 views