Progress is being made, surgeon selected, first appointment is virtual!

KimmyJJ
on 5/19/20 4:42 pm

So here I go...I have decided on a surgeon and I have my first Virtual Visit with a dietitian two weeks from now. I have been keeping food logs all during COVID-19 and have lost some weight during this time by following tips I have found here and by replacing some meals with protein shakes. How easy is it to work with your dietitian? Did you find them to be really helpful? I'm just a bit nervous since it seems like all dietitians are skinny as heck, but I guess they should be healthier if they are practicing what they preach, right? I just need my nerves calmed I guess! I'd better take a walk! Thanks for any info you can provide on what it was like to work with your RD!

KimmyJJ

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/21/20 4:11 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I found the dietician to be very helpful. We talked about what I usually ate and where I struggled. She would suggest healthier substitutions and things like adding a mid-afternoon protein snack. I was always ravenous when I got home from work after 6 hours of no food. Just an example but it helped because I was scarfing high calorie low nutrient stuff when I got home. Because of the snack I ate fewer calories and more healthy food.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

KimmyJJ
on 5/22/20 6:27 am

This helps to know, Liz, thank you. During this pandemic, I've been trying to closely stay on an eating plan based on tips I find here until I meet with the RD in roughly two weeks and I have been able to drop a few pounds while doing it. Having a mid-afternoon protein snack sounds like maybe a good idea for me, since when it's time to start dinner I'm very hungry and can tend to grab something like a cracker snack. Protein can help hold off the hunger longer. I've seen people write that this is not an easy journey but it's worth it, so I'm try to journal and set up some good habits on the beginning side. Appreciate your input. Have a nice weekend!

KimmyJJ

SuMari
on 5/26/20 3:38 pm

Congrats! I am still waiting to see a surgeon/dietitian so I'm just kinda doing things on my own but thankfully, I have not gained anything during the quarantine, which is a shocked since the last few years of my life every time I got on the scale, it seemed to be more than the last time. Praying things get moving soon! Can't wait to see your progress!

KimmyJJ
on 5/28/20 4:00 pm

SuMari, thanks for the congrats. I'm getting a bit weak in the knees thinking of all of this, but I just read other posts and it helps for the most part! I'm not great at being on here all the time to post, but I need to do more. I can see the support!

KimmyJJ

Most Active