Gastric sleeve 5/27

mcleodbarbara
on 5/28/20 11:01 pm

Is it normal to run low grade temp right after sleeve surgery? Also has anyone's staples leaked? How rare is it?
thank you

White Dove
on 6/1/20 4:54 pm - Warren, OH

Not normal at all. How are you doing now?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

mcleodbarbara
on 6/2/20 1:11 pm

I feel so much better now thank you. It will a week wed. Hopefully I won't get any leaks. I was told it's rare?

White Dove
on 6/2/20 3:53 pm - Warren, OH

Very rare. Did your surgeon say what caused the leak?

mcleodbarbara
on 6/2/20 10:40 pm

No I didn't have a leak I was wondering how rare it is to have one. How long after your procedure did it take to have a bowl movement? I'm calling doctor tomorrow to ask if I can take something to help.

White Dove
on 6/3/20 1:34 am - Warren, OH

About three days but I was sent home on still softeners.

mcleodbarbara
on 6/3/20 6:11 am

I wasn't given any bc my doctor said you can't swallow any pills in your new stomach until it heals. I'm asking about some today. I'm on my last day of lovinox blood thinner shots in my stomach today. i had to do those for 2 weeks. ???? Can you tell me about you weight loss journey and how much weight you lost per week and how long it took you to hit your goal:):) thanks barb

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/7/20 8:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Hopefully you are more comfortable now. It can take a few days after any abdominal surgery to have a bowel movement, but you don't want it to take too long. Taking painkillers for many days can really cause problems there.

The weight loss per month and time to goal depends on many factors: At minimum your starting weight, how low the goal is, and how well one adheres to plan. I started at almost 220 and weigh 120 now. I lost 31 pounds in the 4 months prior to surgery and most of the remainder in the 6 month period following that, though I didn't reach 120 until 8 months after surgery. I stayed on plan pretty religiously. Monthly loss:

• pre-surgery: 31
  • Month 1: 20
  • month 2: 12
  • month 3: 11
  • month 4: 7
  • month 5: 7
  • month 6: 5
  • month 7: 4
  • Month 8: 3

Being active on OH is one of the most important things that helped me lose originally, lose regain from last year and for continued maintenance. Good luck!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active