VSG 3/21/2017 with just a few issues

Cynthia W.
on 7/5/20 11:02 am
VSG on 03/22/17

So, started at 243, am 5'7, current weight 129 and holding, give or take a pound on any given day. My issues are of course, loose skin but not enough for insurance to help deal with so to have that removed is all going to be out of pocket. And when I mean loose skin, who knew that the, sorry to the guys, "vahjayjay" would also have loose skin on the outside? Seriously? The only other issue that I have is I still vomit if I eat more than 6-8 bites of food. I mean, it has been 3 years, 3 months and still happening? Makes me very nauseous and finally I just have to go look at the toilet and it is coming up. Like the food isn't going all the way down and so it needs to go somewhere. Happens on almost a daily basis with no rhyme or reason. Have seen the GI doctor who did an EGD twice and stretched my esophagus both times and also did a colonoscopy to make sure there wasn't any other underlying issue. They also did a manometry, not fun at all. They pass a tube a little bigger than a pencil through your nose, all the way down to the stomach. You have to hold it in for 10 sessions and they will tell you when to swallow, causes you to salivate so of course you really want to swallow but aren't allowed or they have to start over. The tech messed up the first time and had to completely start over, wasn't fun. It did show NO peristalsis in 3 of the 10 sessions but that was chalked up to as a fluke. I don't have a large intestine due to NO PERISTALSIS and asked if the 2 could be related but that was blown off. Thinking that at this point I need a new GI doctor.

Guest9254
on 7/15/20 5:49 am
VSG on 09/18/18

Do you drink with your meals? If so, try cutting that out. I still do the 30/30/30 rule...mostly. No drinking 30 min prior to eating. Try to take 30 min to eat (pretty impossible) be no drinking for 30 min after you finish eating. It helps let your stomach digest the food and absorb nutrients rather than the food getting flushed through quicker by fluids. I ask because early on post surgery if I drank too soon after a meal, it would cause me to vomit the food back up.

Also, I'm sure you've had the diet down since you're so long post op bit softer foods are easier on everything. Eat oatmeals and soups and stew etc. Might be worth a try.

Most Active