Water sipping

Jen425
on 7/5/20 7:56 pm
VSG on 07/08/20

IAM having the robotic sleeve gastro done on 7/8/20 .

I have a few concerns.

Drinking water. I love water sometimes I drink over 122 ounces a day. I know I can not gulp water but IAM worried about this and started to worry and it is causing some anxiety.

Cleaning the places the robot goes in. How should I clean these so they don't get infected.

Vitamins I have bought them all but IAM unsure if I was correct on some liquid but the multi vitamins are not. Need a link to some liquid ones or grind em up idk what my tummy can take after 2 week plus.

After surgery how is the sleeping what position can I do.

I'm a puss on the pain that is a concern also.

I have googled myself over to this site hoping to get some answers. Least people post and respond here.?

hollykim
on 7/6/20 9:56 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 6, 2020 at 2:56 AM Pacific Time, Jen425 wrote:

IAM having the robotic sleeve gastro done on 7/8/20 .

I have a few concerns.

Drinking water. I love water sometimes I drink over 122 ounces a day. I know I can not gulp water but IAM worried about this and started to worry and it is causing some anxiety.

Cleaning the places the robot goes in. How should I clean these so they don't get infected.

Vitamins I have bought them all but IAM unsure if I was correct on some liquid but the multi vitamins are not. Need a link to some liquid ones or grind em up idk what my tummy can take after 2 week plus.

After surgery how is the sleeping what position can I do.

I'm a puss on the pain that is a concern also.

I have googled myself over to this site hoping to get some answers. Least people post and respond here.?

welcome and congrats on your upcoming surgery.

you will be given pain medication and if you use it as directed your pain will e managed.

you can sleep in whatever position you are comfortable. Many find that the use of pillows to prop up on when sleeping on the side helps.

you have time to work on the vitamins after a few weeks of recovery. You levels won't deplete that quickly and your first priority is to avoid dehydration.

rhat brings us to sipping. Most often your new pouch will dictate how much you can drink at a time. Liquids run straight through so you can drink as much as you want. The amount is often limited to an ounce every 15 min to avoid nausea after surgery. As you heal and ongoing you should be able to drink all you like.

the arms and tools of the robot are sterilized so you shouldn't need to clean the incision sites at all. Robotic surgery isn't any different at the surgery site than a human making the surgical incisions.

keep us posted on your progress!

Jen425
on 7/6/20 10:17 am
VSG on 07/08/20

Yay tyvm I feel way better knowing this. ? IAM pretty excited about it.

Jen425
on 7/8/20 7:00 pm
VSG on 07/08/20

Well sleeve done. Not having issues drinking or walking about I'm so thankful for the info about my concerns.

Ya the air bubble is painful but I walked around the hall quite a few times now and all seems alright. I'm sure the pain killers are making the 6 entry points painless so that's nice for now.

Life's good for now

Jen425
on 7/10/20 9:01 pm
VSG on 07/08/20

Well 2 days after surgery and the gas releasing no joke on some pain. Drinking a lot slower than the just after surgery time. I had some bouts of nausea but it was not f I'm drinking water I believe it was from the liquid medicine. 1 wound looks like full of blood but no pain but 2 areas of the 6 are feeling itchy and stinging. All seems to be doing alright and no major complaints. I'm glad it is over and soon a new me will come about.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views