Surgery Cancelled

I had a surgery date scheduled in June, and it was cancelled due to me gaining 20 pounds instead of losing 20 pounds. I am so disappointed in myself. After the surgery was cancelled, I managed to lose 14 pounds in a period of 4 weeks, but I seem to have gained it back now too... I'm feeling very bummed. I started again yesterday with replacing meals with protein shakes and soup as well as implementing a 30 minute dance party. Please send positive vibes my way; I need them. If anyone can be my support system or guide please reach out! I would like to lose 30 pounds in a 6 weeks. Fingers crossed.

White Dove
on 7/26/20 6:55 pm - Warren, OH

Did your surgeon give you a diet to follow to lose the weight before surgery? Are you working with a therapist? It is not easy to lose weight and you need all the help and support you can get.

Soup and protein shakes would not be a good plan for me, but if that is what your surgeon recommends, then follow their directions.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hollykim
on 7/27/20 11:46 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 26, 2020 at 3:57 AM Pacific Time, youhaveaprettyfaceforabiggirl wrote:

I had a surgery date scheduled in June, and it was cancelled due to me gaining 20 pounds instead of losing 20 pounds. I am so disappointed in myself. After the surgery was cancelled, I managed to lose 14 pounds in a period of 4 weeks, but I seem to have gained it back now too... I'm feeling very bummed. I started again yesterday with replacing meals with protein shakes and soup as well as implementing a 30 minute dance party. Please send positive vibes my way; I need them. If anyone can be my support system or guide please reach out! I would like to lose 30 pounds in a 6 weeks. Fingers crossed.

echoing white dove, is this your surgeons plan? What kind of shakes and soup and how much of each?

are you eating things off plan? No judging, I know it's hard, been there done that, but if you are that is going to cause gain.

are you getting 64+ ounces of no cal drink every day?

Most Active