Has anyone had their thyroids removed after surgery

T. Aulds
on 9/14/20 1:20 pm - Athens, TX

I am 11 years out. Over the last 6 years I have regained 60 pounds.

after the loss of my dad 6 years I didn't eat. It is just as bad as eating to much I have found it. Plus in the last 2 years I have had 3 surgeries 2 3 months apart. Last August I had my whole thyroid removed due to 4 goiters that were growing rapidly. I have Hashimoto's. For the first 6 months they had the hardest time regulating my dosage for my meds. However I have been stable for about 6 months now. But no matter what I do I am not able to loose any weight. What am I doing wrong? Is there a trick to it I am not sure about?

hollykim
on 9/15/20 9:49 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 14, 2020 at 8:20 PM Pacific Time, T. Aulds wrote:

I am 11 years out. Over the last 6 years I have regained 60 pounds.

after the loss of my dad 6 years I didn't eat. It is just as bad as eating to much I have found it. Plus in the last 2 years I have had 3 surgeries 2 3 months apart. Last August I had my whole thyroid removed due to 4 goiters that were growing rapidly. I have Hashimoto's. For the first 6 months they had the hardest time regulating my dosage for my meds. However I have been stable for about 6 months now. But no matter what I do I am not able to loose any weight. What am I doing wrong? Is there a trick to it I am not sure about?

not losing has to do with eating too much/eating the wrong foods. What does a days menu look like for you? Do you track and measure your meals?

Most Active