Questions?!

MusicNinja18
on 5/22/22 8:03 pm, edited 5/22/22 8:06 pm
VSG on 06/07/22

I recently found this site and it has helped so much in the last couple of days? I am currently on day 4 of the Pre-op diet and have been having a couple of issues.

1. My urine has been really smelly and bright yellow (like neon) it?s kind of a weird color. I have been drinking about a half of gallon to a full gallon for the past week. So I know I?m not dehydrated. I haven?t even had my urine smell or look this way. If anyone has any suggestions or anything it would be helpful.
  2. The smell of the protein shakes are making me really nauseous. The goal is to get three down, and I am really, really struggling. I was only able to get 2 down today, and that was really rough. I have tried watering down the protein shakes so the smell and taste isn?t as strong. It helps so I can get it down. Any suggestions would be helpful? I?m not sure why it?s making me feel so nauseous and sick.
  3. Any suggestions going into this for skin retention and tightening?

Thanks in advance!

catwoman7
on 5/23/22 6:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

are you taking vitamin B? That causes bright yellow urine (it's just excess vitamin that your body doesn't need - it flushes out the excess)

have you tried different protein shakes? People's tastes are all across the board. I personally liked Unjury and Syntrax products because I couldn't taste the protein in them, but YMMV.

skin - amount of excess skin depends on many factors - age, how much weight you lose, how long you were obese, etc. Many of us do end up with excess skin, and the only way to permanently deal with it is plastic surgery. However, for most of us, it's not that hard to hide in clothes. I had surgery in my 50s and lost over 200 lbs. I had been overweight or obese my whole life, especially after age 30. I had a ton of excess skin, which I've since had removed. But it was easy to hide - no one knew it was there except my husband and doctor. How to dress to hide it depends on where it is, but most of mine was in my gut and upper body. So I wore 3/4 length (or longer) sleeves, jeans or "tummy control" leggings, and slightly oversized, long-ish tops. Ta da! The rolls disappeared! (at least to the outside world). Here's a picture of me BEFORE I had plastic surgery. As you can see, it's really not noticeable...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

MusicNinja18
on 5/23/22 9:35 am
VSG on 06/07/22

Hi!

They have me taking a calcium and b vitamin, and then a multi vitamin right now. That's good to know it's just my body flushing it out. I was getting worried. ð??...

The only shakes the doctors recommended was the celebrate meal replacement shakes. So I don't really know if what I should look for. I think I probably need to call the nutritionist and see if I can do anything else...

I guess I kind of know that I will probably end up having to get surgery for lose skin. I just don't really want to do more surgeries then I need to. I also am unsure because I haven't had kids yet but would like to. If it would be counter productive to even get surgery to tighten the skin to get pregnant after.

Thank you for responding! I really appreciate all the advice.

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/22 6:40 pm

Hello

hollykim
on 5/24/22 3:41 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 23, 2022 at 3:03 AM Pacific Time, MusicNinja18 wrote:

I recently found this site and it has helped so much in the last couple of days? I am currently on day 4 of the Pre-op diet and have been having a couple of issues.

1. My urine has been really smelly and bright yellow (like neon) it?s kind of a weird color. I have been drinking about a half of gallon to a full gallon for the past week. So I know I?m not dehydrated. I haven?t even had my urine smell or look this way. If anyone has any suggestions or anything it would be helpful.
  2. The smell of the protein shakes are making me really nauseous. The goal is to get three down, and I am really, really struggling. I was only able to get 2 down today, and that was really rough. I have tried watering down the protein shakes so the smell and taste isn?t as strong. It helps so I can get it down. Any suggestions would be helpful? I?m not sure why it?s making me feel so nauseous and sick.
  3. Any suggestions going into this for skin retention and tightening?

Thanks in advance!

try drinking the shake with a straw from a closed top container. If you can't smell it as much you may not be able to taste it as much.

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/22 12:22 pm

Nice post

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views