Recent Posts

crysharris
on 6/19/19 4:30 pm
VSG on 11/20/18
Topic: RE: how many inches did you loose?

I've lost 7" off my waist and 6" from my hips in 6 months so I agree that it's doable.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/19/19 12:07 pm
VSG on 12/10/13
Topic: RE: 3 years post op. Cant stop purging.

Please talk to a professional about your purging. Eating disorders are no joke and you deserve to limit or end this behavior.

Have you checked in with your surgeon lately? If you suddenly can't eat as much, I wonder if a stricture might be a possibility. You can get your pouch checked out using imaging like an upper GI and they can see what's going on.

It's also possible that your wife's sleeve is much larger/looser than yours, which is determined by how the surgeon performs the procedure.

Nerdy Little Secret (#42) - Derby Strong!

HW 300 / LW 150 / Post-regain goal: 170

Knitter215
on 6/19/19 10:25 am
VSG on 08/23/16
Topic: RE: how many inches did you loose?

So I'm almost 3 years out. I haven't measured in a bit, but I can say I went from wearing size 22 and 24 pants and 2x tops to wearing a size 6 Levis, size 6 Lululemon workout pants and medium/size 10 shirts.

I did find a pair of shorts I had from before surgery last year and was able to fit my entire body in one leg.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Knitter215
on 6/19/19 10:20 am
VSG on 08/23/16
Topic: RE: 3 years post op. Cant stop purging.

Please talk to a professional - maybe your medical team. Could it be you are feeling full quicker because you are not chewing and eating too fast? Are you drinking while you are eating? The loss of muscle mass is a medical concern and there are other complications which come with purging - please talk to your doctor as soon as you can.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

NYMom222
on 6/19/19 9:46 am
RNY on 07/23/14
Topic: RE: Not losing weight

Stalls happen. Sometimes we just need to ride it out, and sometimes we have to change up what we are doing - even if we were not doing anything technically wrong.

It is hard to stretch your pouch, it is more about how much you eat at one time. I would up your protein if you can, and get the water in!

You can always add another shake. just some thoughts.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

jsstpete
on 6/19/19 6:30 am
Topic: RE: How Much Time off work?

I think it really varies a lot by individual. I work from home when I am not traveling for work - had my surgery on a Monday & returned to my desk the following Monday (since I was at home I was able to take a rest/break when needed). 2 weeks out I did my first short work trip (1 night, driving not flying) and 4 weeks out my first week-long trip walking a trade show & seeing customers. These first few trips I was really tired but otherwise felt good. The hardest part was eating: being at industry events on full liquid diet & then traveling on the soft/puree diet (esp having to eat with colleagues!) was challenging. But it really wasn't bad & it was temporary.

kylesk
on 6/19/19 5:58 am
Topic: RE: Best advice post VSG for success?

I am 4 years post op. My advice for food...

Look what is on your plate. Go for protein first, then veggies... carbs LAST. If you are too full to eat the carbs... Good!

Its ok to splurge every once in a while as long as you keep that mindset. If everything on your plate has lots of carbs.. prob not a good idea to keep eating it over the long haul. My wife and I went on vaca this week and ate lots of fried seafood all week. 2 meals a day. Ok for a splurge, but def not something we would do all the time.

300lbs pre-op here and holding now at 160.

kylesk
on 6/19/19 5:48 am
Topic: 3 years post op. Cant stop purging.

Had the sleeve 3 years ago and I went from 350lbs down to 170lbs and have been here happily for a year now. The surgery saved my life.

My problem is the feeling of fullness... and I feel like it happens too easily. My wife and I had the surgery a month apart. She can eat way more food than me and doesn't feel full like I do as quickly.

Examples... 3 chicken wing flats.. full feeling. 4 raw oysters... full. 4 slices of zucchini.. full. half a bowl of salad.. full. My wife can eat double what I eat and it really gets under my skin when I gotta push the plate away and I get the stare from her. Really???? that's all you can eat?

The reason for posting this is because I am creating an unhealthy habit. When I feel this way.... I sneak upstairs, turn the exhaust fan on.. and purge so it doesn't hurt anymore. It has nothing to do with weight gain guilt or any of that psychology.. I need to gain weight and muscle mass. I do this prob 4 dinners out of every 7 days. I can see that my muscles are getting smaller and I am getting weaker.

Just curious if anybody else has experienced something similar and has advice.

I am also the type where when I get full... instant pass out to sleep. I eat dinner and go straight to the couch.. if im not sneaking purging. lol my kids call it sleepy daddy.

Guest9254
on 6/19/19 5:37 am
VSG on 09/18/18
Topic: RE: Back at it!

The good news is you've dropped the weight before so you know what you need to do. 40 pounds is definitely an achievable goal.

Remember to focus on high protein meals and low sugar and really focus on cutting out snacks. I had a hard time with that initially. I started brushing my teeth every time I had a major snack craving. Sounds odd but the toothpaste taste seemed to convince my brain I no longer wanted that snack. Perhaps it was because my taste buds were temporarily overloaded with mint. I don't do it anymore but it worked for a while.

Lastly, track what you eat. Even if you're not counting calories etc. it's a good mental task that clearly shows if you're eating too much or too frequently etc etc. Good luck.

Most Active
OH GOOD GRIEF! SUDDEN REGAIN
AnnieG522 · 8 replies · 279 views
Back at it!
Starry Eyed · 1 replies · 53 views
Recent Topics