Recent Posts

Gina 18 Years Out
on 6/5/19 4:57 am - Burleson , TX
Topic: RE: Arthritis pain

I have been using Magnesium Oil SPRAY. I learned of it, from an OH friend. I only paid about $12, for an 8oz bottle, on Amazon, and it has lasted me several months, already...

It has been an absolute gamechanger, for me !!

RNY 4-22-02... HAG=Honest And Genuine

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:170

We Can Do Hard Things

Cathy H.
on 6/4/19 9:06 pm
VSG on 10/31/16
Topic: RE: Are most of you happy with your decision to have this surgery?

In a word?

\

5'3", CW: 165 Ultimate Goal: 150 ............. Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

OnlineAnnie
on 6/4/19 3:50 pm

I used to have a lot of knee pain and could hardly walk some days. Glucosamine sulfate did a fantastic job, making the pain almost zero. I think you need to take it for some weeks before you feel the effects. Now that I've lost 75 pounds I don't take anything for the pain and can hike for an hour or play sand volleyball with hardly any twinge of pain at all. Good luck to you!

RobbieMcKenney
on 6/4/19 3:38 pm

I am two years out and maintaining with no problem. We do eat out a lot, but I have found many ways to do it so that I don't gain. My husband and I usually share a meal - I eat what I can and he eats the rest. In the end, it still comes down to calories in, calories out. It has been a great tool and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

RobbieMcKenney
on 6/4/19 3:29 pm

I went back on Mobic within a few weeks of surgery. In the meantime, I used a knee brace and Ted's pain cream.

White Dove
on 6/4/19 1:38 pm

I only use Biofreeze

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Frank_M
on 6/4/19 12:31 pm
VSG on 05/14/19 with

I had VSG 3 weeks ago. I was disappointed at first because I felt incredibly hungry that lasted for 2 weeks. I thought something was wrong but was told that was normal. Acid blockers help. I'm still not able to eat solid food yet but I do have head hunger / cravings. I've lost 16 lbs in 3 weeks so I can find comfort in that.

When Thanksgiving comes around I will enjoy being able to eat a small portion and walking away. My previous normal had others staring at me eating multiple plates of food. I will not miss those moments.

Overall I am still glad to have the surgery, just wish I could fast forward to see what life is like in a few months. Best of luck!

MyBariatricLife
on 6/4/19 11:18 am

There is some disagreement on that within the medical community and the intestinal bypass is different between the two surgeries (RNY - DS). That said, I think the sleeve is the best option. In addition to the aspect of nutritional health it is a far simpler surgery with less risk overall.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Grim_Traveller
on 6/4/19 11:04 am
RNY on 08/21/12

DS? There are much higher rates of deficiency from DS than bypass.

6'3" tall, male. Maintaining a loss of 280 pounds.

Highest weight was 475. Consult weight 04/12 was 411. RNY on 08/21/12 at 359 lbs. Current weight 195.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Jinxy6
on 6/4/19 9:02 am - SC
Topic: Arthritis pain

Greetings all,

I am three weeks post-op today and incredibly grateful for how well everything has gone. However, those anti-inflammatory meds that I thought weren't doing anything were apparently doing a lot. I am really struggling with pain mainly in my knee and hip. I have tried topicals with no relief. I am wondering what solutions you guys have discovered. I know it will probably get better as the weight drops but meanwhile, ouch, ouch and ouch! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Blessings to you all.

Most Active