Desari63’s Posts

Desari63
on 8/3/21 8:53 am
Topic: RE: It's been a long time since I was last here...

Hi - Those are revision surgeries to a Gastric Sleeve or in conjunction to the Sleeve surgery. I have been doing so much research on which would be better (SADI-S or DS (Duodenal Switch), I was looking for some guidance on the pros and cons. I think I have all the information I need but my final talk will be with my surgeon the day before/day of surgery to decide which would be best for me.

Wish me luck...

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 8/2/21 12:47 pm

Hello to everyone that responded to my post. Its' been a long (almost) a year since I made that post. I have been in the hospital with Pnuemonia and then found out while I was there I had a mild dose of Covid19. HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU GET A "MILD" DOSE OF COVID19!!!? That still confuses the hell out of me but hey...I guess it is what it is. I was on O2 for almost 6 months after I got out of the hospital so that didn't help the weight issue any either. How the hell do you stay healthy when all this crap is going on? Any thoughts?? I'm out of ideas...

That being said, I have decided to have a revision of my sleeve. On September 3, I will have a SADI-S or the DS surgery to get back on track. 40 pounds and I'll be right back at my pre-surgery weight from 2011!! OH HELL NO!!! That is not happening. I'll be more visible on this site now that this is happening and I'm going to stay on! Wish me luck and if you need me outside this site, you all can email me at [email protected].

Love you all!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/20 9:19 am
Topic: RE: Food Tracker

Is anyone else out there having problems with their Food Tracker? I have created My foods and favorites and it won't show me anything past the 1st page. It's a bear to find my foods either by search or going through each catagory to find my foods....

Suggestions?

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/22/20 2:55 pm, edited 7/22/20 4:18 pm
Topic: RE: Another fun filled day...LOL!

Okay, another fun-filled day of charting. Man, I forgot how hard it is to get back into the swing of things after being gone for so long! Who else has problems remembering to jot down everything you put in your mouth? I know I'm not the only one out hear...

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/22/20 7:35 am
Topic: RE: Husband and son having surgery

Prayers and good vibes on the way!!

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/21/20 2:27 pm

I'm so glad I decided to come back here again and after such a long time! Love you all of you and I'm here if you need to talk. I'll post an update tomorrow.

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/20/20 12:48 pm

You guys are great! I knew coming back here was the right thing to do.

Liquids - all I have been drinking is water with the exception of about 24 oz of coffee that makes at the beginning of my day and drink throughout my workday (8 hrs). I really only drink coffee while at work - never at home and once that's gone, I go right back to water. When I get home, it's water until I go to bed so that's about another 64oz. You'd think all I do is pee..LOL!

I had decided to start journaling again this morning before I made that post so it's nice to know we all think alike. I need to get back to where I started on this journey so getting all the "crap" food out of the house is essential but when you have a hubby to feed, well, that gets hard to do.

Amen to positive newbies to put us back in line as we were newbies at one time ourselves. I was considering revision surgery but with my heart stent, it scares me to go under the knife one more time so I'm willing to give this a BIG try one more time. I have made some wonderful friends from here that live around me and would like to do so again so if you all need anything, message me and I'll give you my cell number so we can talk it through.

Lots of love and prayers for you all!

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/20/20 8:05 am

Good Morning everyone! It seems like forever and a day since I have been back on this site. I had my Gastric Sleeve surgery on 02/28/2011 and started as 276#. During my 1st year, I lost 100# and have been able to keep it off until about 5 years ago. Since then, I have gained back about 25 pounds and had heart surgery in 2018. What a scare there, I can tell ya! Since then, it seems like I have no energy to do anything and with this pandemic thing happening, it's been a lot worse. I just want to come home from working (thank goodness I have a job that is essential - I feel for the ones that have lost their jobs due to this crazy CoVi-19) and just want to get into my PJ's and not do a thing!

That being said, I need to get back to where I was before I had my surgery in 2018. Any suggestions on where to start? I have gone over my post-surgery diet plan from Dr. Rodriguez and it seems so distant to me that I don't' think I'll ever get back to under 200 again, must less my goal weight.

Any thoughts (good or bad) are welcome - no judging here! Feels good to be back and I promise I'll be here going forward.

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/14 9:01 am
Topic: RE: Yes, your stomach will stretch - realistic expectations

OMG!!! LOL!! That is so awesome SK...xoxox!!

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/14 8:57 am
Topic: RE: What kinds of foods will I need to avoid after VSG?

Grilled Cheese is not bad if you stay away from the white bread. If I have one (and that's not often), the only bread my stomach can handle is rye breads (jewish, russian, dark). It's less dense for me so I can manage one slice cut in half. It takes me about an hour to eat it but that's okay. Like I said, I don't have it often as breads don't hold the same appeal it used too...

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/14 8:53 am
Topic: RE: Eating way below calories/carbs but still not losing....

Upstate NY here..Rochester area. I'm seriously thinking about moving back. I have my sisters here in Texas but I miss my cousin. We are really close and after going back the last 2 years makes it harder for me to leave each time I'm there..

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/14 8:51 am

About 8-10 pounds a week for the 1st few months then it tapered off with the stalls and such. I guess I was expecting too much after so long. I thought it would be easy to lose it again once I went back and started at basics again...

Guess not..LOL! Oh and yes, I'm looking for that damn stall really soon...

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/14 7:16 am

We seem to be about the same as far as pounds to go to hit goal. I have never hit my goal since I started this. The lowest I've ever gotten was 174 and I was sick for like 4 days when that happened. After that I stayed around 180-185 and it just kept climbing over the 2 1/2 year.s

My goal before I leave for vacation to NY is to lose about 20 pounds and we leave at the end of August so if I can get close, I'll take that..

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/14 7:14 am

Thank you MM...it's been so long since I've lost anything, I was looking for numbers like when I first had the surgery. Unrealistic I know but hey...I can hope..LOL!

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/14 7:11 am

Hey Stephanie - No, this is not a joke. I just wanted some feedback because I'm expecting to see the numbers I was getting when I first had the surgery and I can't seem to get that out of my head. I just wanted to know that if after all that time, is 6 pounds normal or not for someone as far out from surgery to drop...

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/14 7:09 am

Eggs are okay for me..it's the fish, chicken, etc that my tummy seems to rebel at. I'm starting to be able to have chicken but not very often (like once a month if I'm lucky). If I try it something, only one time out of all the tries will it not both my tummy. When I say scrounging, I'm staying away from the processed things as much as possibel because of all the crap that's in it and I do prepare things at home that I bring to work with me to have throughout the day.

So I'm thinking maybe the 6 pounds is just fluid rentention but I don't drink alot as well. It takes me almost all day just to drink 40oz of fluids. Water is just icky so I drink just plain old tea with Splenda in it while I'm at work.

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/14 7:05 am

I have no idea...I have tried and tried to eat alot of things like fish, chicken, etc but the tummy is not cooperating. Now chicken is coming back slowly (and I mean slowly, like once a month maybe) so I try to eat what I can without all the carbs. I love Ricotta bake but don't eat alot of it, turkey bacon is okay but not like the "real" thing so for me it's mostly beef and a little pork. I still don't get hungry but I am getting by the past week on about 600 calories if not less than that.

I'm okay with what I can't have as I'm not missing it in the first place. This was just a question that I thought I should ask because I'm expecting numbers like when I first had surgery and I can't get that out of my head....

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/14 6:57 am

I really appreciate all the good and positive comments I get here. I'm not looking for kudos so much as to if this a normal weight loss after this amount of time past surgery. I know 6 pounds doens't look like alot and I guess I want to see those type of numbers I was getting when I first had my surgery. I have totally cut out all breads, potatoes, pasta and rice - mostly because none of them like me anymore..LOL!

Just want to see if I was doing everything I was suppose to right...

Love you guys!!!

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/24/14 1:19 am

Okay..who else out there is eating way below calories and carbs and still not losing anything? I have put on about 16 pounds in the 2 1/2years since I had my surgery so I have seriously cut back on my calories/carbs and increased my proteins (not alot). I have lost 6 pounds in a week...is that normal? I remember when I first had the surgery, my body would lose that much in about 2-3 days.

I'm not discouraged at all but it just seems...weird. Any thoughts? I still can't have alot of foods that I need for proteins so I'm scrounging around trying to find anything that will give me that and not the calories or carbs to go along with it.

Thanks in advance for the comments...

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/17/14 10:45 am
Topic: RE: Anyone out there gaining weight after?

Anytime girlfriend...I just sent you a friend's request..just you would someone if you need to vent out loud or needed an ear to bend. We have to stick together and by doing that, it only strengthens your success..

xoxox!!!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/17/14 7:41 am
Topic: RE: Anyone out there gaining weight after?

Hi Christine -

I am going through that right now as well. It's been 2 1/2 years since my surgery and I have not hit my goal weight yet either. I have put back on about 16# during that time and I'm doing what you are as well. But I stopped charting my food intake and "guessing" my portions. I still can't eat alot of things I should be able too and I'm not a "fish" person so that's not an option. I still have problems with chicken (which I love) so I have to make due with beef, pork and turkey. Just yesterday that damn scaled told me "200" and I cried my eyes out for about 2 hours. It scares me to death to think that I'm back up that high again.

So I have basically gone back to scratch. I have started charting again on Health Tracker here and I have cut out my cheese (swiss) and turkey sausages as my snacks. My calorie intake as gone down considerable once I started doing this so now it's a matter of keeping things in check and the weight will come off again. I'm renewing my season pass to Six Flags here in Texas so that I have some place to walk around all day and still enjoy the day with my husband, who BTW, loves me no matter what size I am and supports me in everything I do.

So...don't give up...stick with it. Start charting your food intake and I think you'll see a wonderful change in things soon. It won't happen overnight (hey, we didn't get fat overnight either..LOL) but it will happen...Lots of love coming your way...

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 7/15/14 12:46 pm
Topic: RE: Almost 3 years out, still struggle with regain & the scale gives me the evil eye!!!

Jenn-

It's been forever since I posted anything on OH much. Hell I haven't been here is a very long time. I am struggling with regain as well and not just the 5# mark. Since my surgery 2 years ago, I have put back on about 16# and I can't seem to get them off no matter what I try. Alot of foods that I should be able to eat I can't as they don't agree with me at all or make my stomach hurt so much it's unreal. So right now I seem to be living off Atkin's meals, swiss cheese, turkey sticks and tea. Every time I step on the scale and see it creeping up to the 200# mark scares the holy s**t out of me and I start to cry and can't seem to stop. 

I don't think I eat more that 1000 calories a day but I have no idea on how to track them if they are not prepared meals that I have to buy. My blood pressure is slowing rising back up and I can't imagine going back on all my meds I was on before. The only thing I can think to do is to stop eating all together and I know that won't drop the weight. 

I have always followed your postings before I had my surgery and after and I saw how you encouraged everyone with you little messages and wonderful comments. Right now I think I need some help but I don't know what to or how to go about doing it. I"m not feeling sorry for myself by any means but I'm nearing my wits end on what to do and how to go about doing it to get back on track and drop those pounds...

Thank you for listening...I too will not let this beat me...I will win somehow...

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 6/11/14 5:01 am
Topic: RE: Out of Control!

OMG girl!!! You and I must be channeling! I too am a little over 2 years post op and have put about 16lbs back on since surgery. There are alot of foods that I still cannot eat to this day that I know would be good for me but that a stomach issue. I am not making any excuses either...this is all me and I have to get back on the bandwagon again and soon. Like you, I will never see anything over 200 again and it's that scary thought of itching up back to that mark that scares me into thinking "what the hell am I doing"...

I wish you all the best with your new journey back to healthy eating and habits...I am as well as everyone here i'm sure, right with you and cheering you on...

Thanks for listening,

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 9/16/13 9:10 am
Topic: RE: When does life become normal?
So far...so good to me. Just don't try and hurry it along because your head will play games with you and say "FEED ME"!!! Just ignore that voice and listen to the others that are in your head..I do..LOL!

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Desari63
on 9/16/13 12:15 am
Topic: RE: When does life become normal?

Life. as you knew it, will never be "normal" again. You have a new life now - take it slow and easy for the first 4-6 wks then gradually start the work out process. Walking is priority as that's the key to life - the more you move, the better you will feel. Light weights are still best even at 6wks but you can gradually move that up after your doctor clears you.

Just take it at your own pace - your body will tell you when it's had enough. Good luck and keep us posted with all the new "you" pics as you see the changes.

Desari

Barbara McKeown

Most Active